Rib Roast (Prime Rib)..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sam3

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Byram Twp., New Jersey

I've had this beast taking up space in the freezer for a while now, it was time it saw some smoke. Defrosted and ready to go.
7.75 lbs.

Cut down between the Ribs and meat, following the contour of the ribs as you go.

Season well with Salt, pepper, Onion Powder and minced garlic. A little EVOO to help spread it around too.

String it up well and season the outside with the same. 
Hooks in and ready to launch.

Into the PBC with KB.

@2:45 minutes, we reached an IT of 120. Time to pull.

Tent foiled for 20 minutes. Cut the bones completely off and started slicing.

My plate. Served with Scalloped taters and sauteed mushrooms.

Closer look.

Yea, that hit the spot alright. And No, I couldn't finish that plate! 
lol.gif

Leftovers will be just as good tonight.
Thanks for looking.

Hello.  When I saw that second pict. my first thought was OMG NO!!  Don't remove the bones!!  Picts 3 and 4 reassured me.  VERY fine job!!  That's a fantastic looking prime rib and a great looking plate of food.  BTW, my invitation seems to have been lost in the mail.  
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

icon_biggrin.gif
  Good job!  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Sam that's a work of art! I love your method of hanging the roast! For that you get
points.gif

I better go find lunch before I eat the monitor!

Dang it Sam!!!!! That looks flippin awesome!!!!!! Great job, Nice post and very informative. I'd eat that for sure!!!

A full smoker is a happy smoker and if I was your smoker I would be very happy 
points.gif

DS

Great Job,  Looks mighty Tasty  -------   Do you deliver ?

Gary

Yup---Awesome looking Prime Rib, Sam!!
drool.gif
------------
points.gif

And I've seen a few in my time!!

I'd be all over a slice of that in a hurry!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Bear

Great looking meal!

I would have finished that plate.  Then I would have suffered through a terrible night!

When I was younger I could eat like that?

How you ever had leftovers is beyond me!

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky