Rib Roast Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
Beef. It's what's for dinner. For now, it's just chilling. Lots of rain in the forecast, but has never stopped me.
20200912_072035.jpg

that's a beautiful chunk of meat! Medium rare please with sides of mashed taters and roasted potatoes...i hate tough decisions! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

That is one god looking PR. It would be a sacrilege to take it any farther than med/rare. We prefer rare. Looking forward to the finale!
Al

Homemade Montreal steak seasoning and I'll let it sit a spell. And for the offspring that cannot eat cow...
20200912_125700.jpg

20200912_130058.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
You cook it any way you want and I would be happy with a plate of it, rare well done to over done doesn't make any difference if its good imo, Had great food fixed a lot of ways and can tell you any final temp don't ruin the meal imo the method and flavor profile determines the final out come.

Reactions: JLeonard
Well...we had quite the wind/rain storm just as the roast was set on the grates! I had the KJ at 500 degrees to start the process and it dropped like a stone to just under 200. I did manage through it, but the meat ended a touch dry on the end cap. The rest was actually fine though a touch over medium rare. Mind you...my belly is full! :)
20200912_174347.jpg
20200912_175121.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky