Rib Racks?

Discussion in 'Pork' started by cubguy17, Apr 12, 2008.

1. cubguy17

cubguy17 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

What is the benifit of using these other than being able to fit more ribs on the smoker, thats the only reason I see using them.

2. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I think that is the only reason.

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I don't know but I went to Lowes and bought some and they have tater spikes on the sides as well so I'll be using them even more. Used them for my ribs yesterday but since I never did them flat I don't have a clue but it did take up less space

4. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's about the size of it cub, goin to get some for my smoker, Near had to stuff to get them 4 big racks in, don't even have room for my wings! Guess I'll have to do them tom.

5. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If ya don't have racks, you can roll and skewer like this!

works real good, and here is a view after they were foiled and then skewer removed. They won't lay flat with out breaking![​IMG]

6. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I only use them when i need to save space, have had folks at the comps tell me you get better color on your ribs when you use them, i can't tell much difference myself.

7. minn.bill

minn.bill Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

i bought some and actually prefer just using the regular flat racks.[​IMG]

8. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I had the kind with the potato spikes. Ouch. Bugger of a time cleaning all the intersections of wire.
    Bought a couple of the Weber style. Lazy circles.
    Much easier to clean. And sves space

9. fred420

fred420 Meat Mopper

allow me to put a lot more ribs in my gosm..i clean them in the dishwasher and they come out fine--i am LAZY....and the tater spikes are cool......