Rib Contest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goose2014

Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Hello Smokers;

I'm entering my first rib contest in two weeks with my son and I have no idea how to make my plate for the presentation.

Would anyone be able to help me?

ie, what to put on the plaste so it looks great!

Goose2014

I can't help you, but there are some guys on here who can.

I moved this to the General Discussion section.

I think you will get more replies there.

Al

Thanks Al;

First time doing this.......
icon_lol.gif

I've never done one myself so take this with a grain of salt, however what I have always seen is:

Ribs nicely sliced and laid on a bunch of curly parsley (stems tucked in/under) to make a nice little bed for the ribs to lay on.

That's about all the advice I can offer. Good luck, and hopefully someone else can chime in with better advice than mine!

Thanks Betaboy......

I will be looking into other avenue also!

Lots of good ideas here. What you can use will mostly depend on who is running the competition. There should be a 'cooks meeting' to give the competitors all the rules and answer any questions. I know this doesn't help you come prepared or practice though. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! Mike

thanks SO MS Smoker;

I'm going in with an open mind and see what happens on my first try.  

I will try and post my picture of my plate or container at the rib contest.

Thanks again

Goose2014

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky