Reynolds Handi-Vac?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, I think I'd like the foodsaver better also, but in a pinch, it looks like it would work. I dunno how much they are though.

One drawback is that they recommend you do not try to seal liquids - like soups and such - in this setup...

I saw one at Wally World last weekend. They had a little old lady demo'ing them, It is pretty neat but what disturbed me was the lady said " You can use it to store raw meat in it and then reuse the bag.".......

The bags are not as strong as regulare food saver bags and I agree with WH, they are not for liquids. All in all, not a bad little thing.

My Wife gave her a lecture on the evils of bacteria and safe food handling..... Made me proud,
But it was to no avail as soon as we left she was telling the next group of people the same thing.
Oh well.

Ooohhh, that's a BIG no-no! It says right on their website NOT to do that. I hope she listened to your wife!

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I have one and use it mostly for freezing diced veggies but, it did work well for marinating also, Bags are @ $3.00 for a box of 9 gallon size. I would never reuse.

They had them at Wal Mart this week. They seem pricey but if you don't hvae a vacuum sealer yet it might be good. I always used a zip lock and a straw before I replaced my 30 year old seal-a-meal.

the web site says it comes with 3 quart bags and batteries for less then $10., I am a poor bastard so I plan to invest!

LOL, it also says replacement bags are less then $4. per box of 12 quart or 9 gallon size, I hope they plan to add other size bags to the line up!

I just got the go ahead to buy it when my wife saw the commercial and said, "I guess that'll be your new gadget", I could find many uses for that, beyond food storage.

Richtee, it would create something to talk about if you used it on your neck as you got home from a hunting trip, poker game, or barber shop...

Richtee. you're too much! LOL!

I stilll use this method Debi! I need to break down and get a food saver or something.
smile.gif

I have a food saver which I use all the time and love it. A couple weeks ago I bought the handi-vac, which I also love!
I NEVER use a food saver bag or a handi-vac bag without first putting the item into a plain, simple baggie first. Then I put the whole thing into the food saver or handi-vac bag. It really keeps them from getting messy and with a slight rinsing, you can use them over and over again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky