Remnants of my first Tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

englishsmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2021
Used Jeff Phillips’ recipe for simple smoked Tri-tip.
this was the first pic I got, a lot of it was already gone. The juices are just what cooked out, I did his ‘dry brine’ and after it rested and I sliced it, I poured the juice on top.
39A38B26-BC1B-4D29-B6EE-8E6796B383DB.jpeg
C997A931-DFB6-4B57-A0B7-3C46573AEB09.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Maybe just a bit over done for me, but if that’s what you like then it’s perfect. Nicely done for sure.

Thanks all. It was a little more done than I’d have preferred, but I was out voted by others…and I didn’t expect the temps to rise as much as it did while resting. The juice was what was in the meat, though, nothing added, so I was pleased with that. My wife usually likes a steak sauce too, but said she preferred the juice that cooked out.

mmm... I can almost taste it from here. Please pass a biscuit or a roll or some bread to mop up some of that nectar!

Yeah, thanks Jeff, this will be repeated, probably often;). Only maybe I’ll need a bigger hunk o beef…

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky