Refrigerate sausage with cure # 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
I grinded my meat yesterday and seasoned it added cure #1 and then stuffed and put it in the refrigerator to smoke, how many days can I leave it in before smoking because it is raining and kinda cold?

As long as you want.
The cure#1 will keep it safe for a couple of weeks for sure. Some say it's good for a month. It might be the best sausage you ever made, cause all the flavors are mending together in the fridge.
Looking forward to seeing the outcome!
Al

Reactions: Biggy1
As long as you want.
The cure#1 will keep it safe for a couple of weeks for sure. Some say it's good for a month. It might be the best sausage you ever made, cause all the flavors are mending together in the fridge.
Al
Thank you Smoking Al.

As long as you want.
Al
Wil do!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky