Ref; Happy National Popcorn day!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Yes this is a thing! It's Today actually!

I'll be making some popcorn with bacon grease and smoked salt later and watching Combat! <The Old TV series!>

Yes, I know it's a silly national day but hey, Popcorn is good!

Reactions: JC in GB
Yes this is a thing! It's Today actually!

I'll be making some popcorn with bacon grease and smoked salt later and watching Combat! <The Old TV series!>

Yes, I know it's a silly national day but hey, Popcorn is good!

And of course, our Microwave is broke and the new one is estimated at the end of Januairy. But more likely mid-Febrewary.
I like mine with drizzled melted butter and lots of Kraft Parmesan cheese.

Ha! I use an oil popper so I replace coconut oil with bacon grease ;)

Jeeze Sonny..you should know how to do stove top!

Stove topped popcorn is a staple in our house. Got a big one takes 1/2 cup of kernels at a time. Saturday nite popcorn is a regular. I did not know there was a special day!

I quit pan popping shortly after micro corn came out. All of a sudden I couldn't get decent seeds. Everything I tried came up tough and stale tasting. So I made the switch and so far have never got back. Hmmm bacon grease. Might be worth a try.

Saturday we had Popcorn popped stove top in Duck Fat topped with a sweet and salty All Purpose Rub. Still, the first thing I was aloud to cook, as a kid, was Jiffy Pop!

I appreciate Squirrel...Especially simmered in Tomato Sauce over Polenta, topped with Parm Reggiano!...JJ

The first time I set food on fire was jiffy pop and a campfire!

I quit pan popping shortly after micro corn came out. All of a sudden I couldn't get decent seeds. Everything I tried came up tough and stale tasting. So I made the switch and so far have never got back. Hmmm bacon grease. Might be worth a try.

If you get addicted it ain't my fault!

The first time I set food on fire was jiffy pop and a campfire!

Done that! "I'm not sure it's getting hot enough" until a jet of flame shoots out the side and that wonderful aroma of scorched popcorn fills the air.

BTW ordinary off-the-shelf plain popcorn is mostly viable and you can actually plant it. Give that a try if you have the garden space.

discovered this thread and now I'm hungry and I'd like to make popcorn(( However, it's actually unhealthy. Just think of your health... Remember that if you continue eating so much, not restraining yourself, you will have health issues. Think of that and you'll understand that you don't need it, even though you want it so nuts! Probably, you may try something more healthy, find a product which will seem to you as addictive as popcorn, I guess, there are plenty of them. I'd personally choose something from vegetables. The other solution may be to check some reviews of popcorn kernels and bring popcorn with you. I'd suggest you look through this article-review advising 7 best popcorn kernels. I personally buy Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popcorn Kernels. Try to check it and you can visit wellfed with this article available for observing! Good luck!

Last edited:
discovered this thread and now I'm hungry and I'd like to make popcorn(( However, it's actually unhealthy. Just think of your health... Remember that if you continue eating so much, not restraining yourself, you will have health issues. Think of that and you'll understand that you don't need it, even though you want it so nuts! Probably, you may try something more healthy, find a product which will seem to you as addictive as popcorn, I guess, there are plenty of them. I'd personally choose something from vegetables. The other solution may be to check some reviews of popcorn kernels and bring popcorn with you. I'd suggest you look through this article-review advising 7 best popcorn kernels. I personally buy Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popcorn Kernels. Try to check it and you can visit wellfed with this article available for observing! Good luck!

Actually popcorn is quite healthy by itself. Problem is all the things people add to the popcorn like butter and salt. People usually add too much and then it becomes unhealthy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky