Ref; Corned Beef Fatty?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This was a Corned Point to Pastrami I smoked a couple years ago. Most I have had since were leaner...BUT...To my taste, this was the Best I have had since I was a kid and Pastrami came from the Deli like this!

As far as MY Dogs go. They stand around me in the Kitchen as i trim exessive fat off meat. They inhale it raw or cooked, like I was tossing Candy at them. No such thing as too Fatty!

SO GOOD! Fried up like Beef Bacon...

This stuff is Marbled like Kobe!

CA78EC6D-53CE-419C-9511-E9418AB1B864.jpeg
Tom I went with your idea of a reuben fatty. I was going to smoke early yesterday morning but after reading about yours falling apart & about the meat being so wet I put mine on wire rack in frig for 5 hrs. No bacon wrap. Turned out real good. Thanks for idea. Was a hit. Sorry no plated shot with Thousand Island dressing on it

Last edited:
View attachment 389893 Tom I went with your idea of a reuben fatty. I was going to smoke early yesterday morning but after reading about yours falling apart & about the meat being so wet I put mine on wire rack in frig for 5 hrs. No bacon wrap. Turned out real good. Thanks for idea. Was a hit. Sorry no plated shot with Thousand Island dressing on it

I think the culprit in these two <Since my reueben held together> is truly the hash one and the onions adding far to much moisture. Yours looks great! I'm going to eventually try it again! I did find it funny though...some of my friends online called me a bad person for not using Russian Dressing! Is Thousand Island the odd choice of dressing for this? LOL!

Great Idea, Tom!!
"Like" to you for trying something new!!!

Bear

Thanks Bear!

In restaurants, 1000 Island is much more commonly used on sandwiches than Russian because 1000 Island is second only to Ranch ordered on Salad and therefore on hand.

From the Washington Post 2014...
Russian dressing recipes typically call for mayonnaise, chili sauce or ketchup, relish, horseradish, paprika and other seasonings, making it considerably spicier and less sweet than Thousand Island dressing, with its hard-cooked egg, lemon or orange juice, cream and sweet pickle relish or olives.

I like both, though I usually make my own with Mayo, Ketchup, Sweet Relish, Horseradish, Dijon, Onion and Garlic...JJ

Sorry Tom I had it bassackwards. Thought reuben fell apart. Not much up on dressings but do like JJ opinion on russian being more spicy & less sweet. Might have to do again with russian plus more swiss. Again thanks for idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky