Recent transplant from MS to the great state of Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bulldawgtexan

Original poster
Jan 16, 2014
Complete newbie here in the DFW area. Do a lot of deer hunting in Mississippi (haven't found any Texas hunting buddies yet) and initially got interested in smoking for venison sausage. After spending a few hours on this site my eyes were open to the great many possibilities and I decided to jump in.
With 3 kids and one more on the way, pesos are tight, so I've been scanning craigslist for a deal. I stumbled across an analog MES for $100 which wasn't really what I was looking for. The seller was pretty desperate for cash so they told me I could get it for $50. Hard for me to pass on that even if it's not perfect.

I processed my own venison this year for the first time. Cut my own steaks and ground my meat. There is just something about eating a burger that came from your field to your table with nothing in between. I really enjoy the process and wouldn't mind processing a deer for someone in trade for harvesting a doe on their land.
I've googled a lot of smoking questions over the past couple weeks and this site keeps showing up with the best answers. It's a great resource and I'm very appreciative. Thanks to everyone that contributes and I'll post a qview or two once I get my act together.

Hello Bulldawg, and welcome to the group!  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to SMF BDT and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

Happy smoking

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky