Real Men Make Quiche When Self-Quarantined Too Long

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
Yep, this is what happens when left with too much time on my hands and stuff that needs to get used up from the freezer and fridge. There were 12, but, well...you know.

Muffin-tin Quiches

A total experiment on my part that turned out delicious. I had frozen pie crust roll ups out in the freezer. Needed to use some eggs. It was a perfect way to use up everything.

Ingredients
2 frozen roll up pie crusts
1 cup broccoli, cooked
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
5 eggs
⅓ cup coconut milk, full fat
⅓ cup whole milk
½ tsp salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray a 12 place muffin tin with vegetable oil
Roll out one pie crust on a cutting board.
Use a 5" or 6" biscuit cutter to cut out rounds. Repeat with second pie crust.
Gather leftovers, work together with your hands, then roll out to ⅛" and cut enough rounds to make 12. Save leftover pieces to make pie crust sugar cinnamon cookies.
Pinch each round together and gently place in the muffin tin. Press into bottom and use leftovers to repair any tears.
Par-bake the crusts in the tin for 10-12 minutes.
While baking, prepare the eggs. Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the coconut milk, milk, and salt. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
Remove the muffin tin from the oven and while still hot, press any shrinkage back to the top of the tin.
In the bottom of each crust put even amounts of broccoli, onion, and cheese, in that order.
Using a small laddle, put even amounts of the scrambled raw eggs.
Put in the oven on a center rack until set, about 25-30 minutes.
Remove, let cool, then drop on the counter to loosen each quiche.
Use a large spoon or butter knife to remove each quiche, and serve.
20200408_161508.jpg

Last edited:
Now there's a Manly meal. I love Quiche...JJ

Reactions: noboundaries
My wife said the crust needed to be par-baked for 15 minutes to firm it up a little more. I was fine with 12 minutes, but I like gooey brownies and cinnamon rolls, too. Tasted fine to me!And the crust didn't stop her from calling dibs on the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I make quiche whenever our fridge starts getting full of odds and ends. You know the stuff where there isn't enough for a meal. In the summer I like making them on the kettle and enjoying the quite time. I haven't made the individual size yet. I'll have to give it a go this summer. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: noboundaries
Now I want to make these with our regular pie crust. With the roll up crust they remind me of the ones you can buy from Costco. The muffin tin makes for a better balance between crust and filling than the teeny mini-muffin-tin versions, though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky