Raw sliced pork?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
I’m doing a favor for a friend with an event. He wants pulled pork but he brought me a cryovac of 20 lbs of raw sliced pork by mistake. I just ran out and bought a couple shoulders. My question is what do I do with sliced raw pork? Crockpot? Grill and chop? I’ve never seen this and it was quite the surprise opening it and starting to trim it. I thought the butcher really screwed up. It’s all a little under 1/4” thick and the slices are big.

Thanks in advance for the impending idea avalanche. Haha!

Attachments

• 3F4FEDEB-7135-439C-B8EC-D276E897DF94.jpeg
    3F4FEDEB-7135-439C-B8EC-D276E897DF94.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: JLeonard
Wrap it with butcher's string and smoke? I've done that with double smoking store bought thick cut bacon before. But that was cold smoke. I think Inda has you covered.

Wouldn't those be pork steaks? Someone just did a post about those I think.

Chris

Dang! Why didn't I think of jerky? This would be perfect for jerky.

I'd probably dip them in egg and dukes mayo. Roll them in a blend of Italian Panko with ground pretzels added & sprinkle a little Slap Your Mama on top. Serve with an egg on top and a hollandaise sauce on a bed of hash browns.

Or you could roll them with a filling, bacon wrap them & smoke them. There's a lot of opportunities there.

Sven, Just wrap back up and send my way. Don't waste your time with these, lol

Really everyone above has you covered

so many great ideas so little time ,
I like the rolled stuffed and smoked/baked idea, like Roulade sort of
David

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky