Thai pork jerky. A nod for disco.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I started making this after checking out disco disco recipe. I've made this a few times with gradually adjusting to my taste. It was really not a lot of adjusting. I wanted a bit more Asian. With a touch more heat. And a little more sweet. So. Here I am now.
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tbs sriracha sauce
3 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder.
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs worsy sauce
2 tsp roasted sesame oil.
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp cure #1. This is a 2.5 pound batch
Mix all together. I vacuum sealed this in a gallon mason jar for 24 hours.
On racks in a 190 degree oven for 4.5 hours with oven door slightly propped open.
20220531_151413 (1).jpg

Love this stuff! Sweet with heat. And cheaper than beef jerky.

Looks good Steve. I wonder how Disco is doing. Haven't heard from him in awhile.

Point for sure
Chris

Some good looking jerky Steve! I’ve made thai pork jerky on here with fish sauce. It’s so much more economical than beef.

I’ll be making more this month after seeing yours.

That looks great Steve. Looks like a good thickness and softness to it. And reads like great flavor.

( Couple months ago I read ,Dave ( Disco ) tending to family matters at home. I hope they are doing fine.)

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Some tasty looking stuff Steve. I do love me some good jerky and that looks outstanding. Got some company coming but will give this a shot after they leave. Tried a couple different Asian style jerky seasonings in the past and all were horrible. Can't wait to try yours.

Robert

Some tasty looking stuff Steve. I do love me some good jerky and that looks outstanding. Got some company coming but will give this a shot after they leave. Tried a couple different Asian style jerky seasonings in the past and all were horrible. Can't wait to try yours.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I used boneless CSRs for this batch. I think it improved the tenderness too.
Some good looking jerky Steve! I’ve made thai pork jerky on here with fish sauce. It’s so much more economical than beef.

I’ll be making more this month after seeing yours.
Thanks Joe. I forgot about adding fish sauce. I will next time.
That looks great Steve. Looks like a good thickness and softness to it. And reads like great flavor.

( Couple months ago I read ,Dave ( Disco ) tending to family matters at home. I hope they are doing fine.)

David
Thanks David! I believe I recall that as well about Disco.
Looks awesome Steve! I’d go though that bag in a day!

Sure hope Disco is well.
Thanks! I hope so too.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks tasty for sure. I happen to be eating some commercial pork jerky at my desk at the office so I'm a fan! An yes cheaper than beef jerky!

Nice work!

Reactions: Steve H
Sad to hear about Discos wife. I hope he’s doing ok. Steve do you think pork loin would be ok for this? I have been thinking of doing jerky from one.

Thanks for posting your jerky Steve. I remember Disco's posting it and thinking that it looked good and that I needed to try it, but never did.

POINT

Disco's wife passed...
I wrote him the other day and haven't heard back yet...
Thanks for the info Dave. Prayers for Disco and family. Tell him we are thinking of him and praying for him.

Reactions: Steve H
Sad to hear about Discos wife. I hope he’s doing ok. Steve do you think pork loin would be ok for this? I have been thinking of doing jerky from one.
I usually use loin Jeff. It comes out fine with it. I used CSR because it was on sale.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky