Raw peanuts, WTF to do with them...lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I usually buy a bushel when the farmers start harvesting them. I'll boil them all and freeze in gallon ziplock bags. When thawed, I can't tell any difference and we'll take them to the lake, picnics, ball games, etc. They can be reheated in the microwave and turn out almost as good as when first cooked, but we don't do that very often...
Thanks Charles good to know.

Raw onion and I agree puke festival!
My father ate it that way, never did understand the whole concept. My wife said when ever they made meatloaf as a kid her father and her kept eating it raw out of the bowl..... then again they also made dinners out of nothing but spaghetti with ketchup...(evidentially a Jewish thing)

Reactions: TNJAKE
My father ate it that way, never did understand the whole concept. My wife said when ever they made meatloaf as a kid her father and her kept eating it raw out of the bowl..... then again they also made dinners out of nothing but spaghetti with ketchup...(evidentially a Jewish thing)
My grandma when using or making ground beef would routinely roll up little balls of it, salt it and down the hatch.

• Wow
Reactions: clifish
I think it's a serial killer thing lol

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
clifish clifish what you have is raw peanuts. This is what I do with them and it delicious

TNJAKE TNJAKE , thanks for the link back to your recipe. I tried them then and I had to run out and get the ingredients to have them again. They're in the crock pot cooking now.

I mistakenly thought my Horned Frogs were playing tomorrow, so the plan was to have some while they are going after the Dawgs. I'm having a couple people over Monday to watch the game and I hope I have some left. I'm looking forward to eating boiled peanuts and watching those Frogs and Dawgs!

Reactions: TNJAKE
TNJAKE TNJAKE , thanks for the link back to your recipe. I tried them then and I had to run out and get the ingredients to have them again. They're in the crock pot cooking now.

I mistakenly thought my Horned Frogs were playing tomorrow, so the plan was to have some while they are going after the Dawgs. I'm having a couple people over Monday to watch the game and I hope I have some left. I'm looking forward to eating boiled peanuts and watching those Frogs and Dawgs!
Glad you liked them enough to make them twice! Glad the frogs made it but GO DAWGS!

Reactions: 912smoker
Mmm boiled peanuts. I could hardly wait on the drives south to find that first c-store with a crock of boiled peanuts.
Never timed it right to get green peanuts. I hear they slurp out of the shell.
Not the seasonal treat anymore. Walmart back in MN stocks them.

But people will pay top dollar for raw fish wrapped in rice.
Did anyone listen to A Prairie Home Companion?
They had a good ditty that started.:
"I like to eat raw oysters. Nothin' slicker, nothin' moister."
And it ended with:
"I like to eat raw oysters but prefer to eat them fried. Cuz then I know they died."

Not any Jews I know, yikes!

I like peanuts dry roasted instead of boiled. Straight out of the bag laid out on top the pot bellied stove in the shop one of my favorite ways to fix them.

We used to have a company in Nashville that made roasted peanuts in the shell. They would make both salted and cajun. We have a guy that would come to the dealership with a styrofoam cooler with bags of both for sale still warm from roasting, those were great.

I don't know if these are available everywhere, but if you don't want to go through the process of making boiled peanuts, these canned ones are a pretty good alternative. I always keep a few cans for camping trips.
17051902_peanut_patch_cajun_boiled_peanuts__135_oz_front.jpeg

018677-600x600-A.jpeg

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky