• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cajun Boiled Peanuts

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Afternoon fellas and non fellas. Wanted to share a true southern snack with yall. Down here and all across the south you can get hot boiled peanuts at just about any gas station and even at roadside stands. It's a real treat. Heres my take.....

Start out with 2lbs of raw peanuts. Place in large crock pot and add 4qts of water.
20200523_121639.jpg

Add......
1/3c kosher salt
1/4c diced jalapeno
3 fat tbls cajun seasoning
1tsp garlic powder
3tbls crushed red pepper
3oz bag of cajun crab boil
20200523_121503.jpg

20200523_122021.jpg

Pausch the crab boil bag under the peanuts. They will float for the first several hours. Stir in all other seasonings. Cover with lid and set crock pot on low
20200523_122153.jpg

Stir occasionally. Cook on low for 24hrs and add water as needed.

When finished pour some into a cup with some of the juice and enjoy this southern classic. I'll be back tomorrow to show them finished

Blues1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 10, 2020
Boy, I sure miss boiled peanuts! Congestive heart failure keeps me watching the sodium real close. Boiled peanuts might be the thing I miss most. Those look like a great take on a southern treat!

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Boy, I sure miss boiled peanuts! Congestive heart failure keeps me watching the sodium real close. Boiled peanuts might be the thing I miss most. Those look like a great take on a southern treat!
Thanks bud. These definitely arent heart or blood pressure friendly. Lol

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Mmmm goobers, recipe sounds great Jake!

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Hmmm.... This is fist time I hear about boiled peanuts.... Looks like I am missing a lot in my life! :emoji_disappointed:
Till now!!!! :emoji_laughing: Waiting for the final result, Jake! Thanks for posting!

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Hmmm.... This is fist time I hear about boiled peanuts.... Looks like I am missing a lot in my life! :emoji_disappointed:
Till now!!!! :emoji_laughing: Waiting for the final result, Jake! Thanks for posting!
Thanks and I agree you are missing out lol. They will be soft but not mushy when finished. Spicy but not crazy. Delicious

FishAndBeer

Smoke Blower
Joined May 4, 2020
Never had boiled peanuts but those sound like they are going to be quite tasty! I'll have to give them a go sometime

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Thanks dan......you made that one too easy so I'll leave it alone
did I say something wrong? It was a complement, that's what we called them when I was young

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
One of the first things I get when I visit my daughter in Georgia. They're really good and yours sound great Jake.

Point for sure
Chris

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Definitely trying this! Thanks for the inspiration, Jake!

Ray

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.