Quick smoked Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
I haven't fired up any smokers or grills in a couple weeks . Not normal for me , most things get done outside in some form . Been busy in the work shop , making cutting boards and doing a new coffee table for myself . Gets to late , and the emerald 360 makes it to easy .

Also , haven't had pork tenderloin in awhile , so I had a twin pack that I thawed out . Well came out of the shop ,, to late again , so I started to pre heat the oven . Nope ,, not again . Went out and put the controller on the MES set to 275 .
Cleaned the pork up , seasoned with Canadian steak seasoning and waited .
I've been using chunks of wood over the element for higher temp cooks . You don't get as much color , but the smoke flavor is perfect .
Anyway ,
Seasoned and waiting .
20200126_165947.jpg

Mes came up to temp pretty fast . Adjusted to 265 and added the pork . One chunk of apple smoking along nicely .
Took about an hour or so .
Out of the smoker resting and watching the carry over . Smells great .
20200126_185206.jpg
Went up more than expected , pulled at 140 .
20200126_185644.jpg

Perfect !!
20200126_190323.jpg

This was a great meal . The smoke on that meat from using chunks in an electric smoker is as good as any stick burner or charcoal grill I've used .
Big difference from pellets .
20200126_190505.jpg
Makes a great cold sandwich too .
Thanks for lookin .

Chop, do you put the chunks in the chip tube or just set on a rack above element? However it is, seems like a quick easy way to some good smoke.

Reactions: chopsaw
Those pork TL's look great chop! We do them a lot around here...quick and tasty. I am curious as well...where do you place the wood chunks in the MES?

That's a great looking plate Rich, I can see the pork is juicy, love sprouts, and a beautiful fully dressed tater. Big Like, RAY

do you put the chunks in the chip tube or just set on a rack above element?
I am curious as well...where do you place the wood chunks in the MES?
I have the guts removed and leave the tray in to cover the element . I put the chunk in the tray over the element . Burns slow and steady . This was what I used for this smoke . Was about half the size of a baseball . Don't use chips , they catch fire .
20200129_095909.jpg

Oh Yeah!!
Looks Mighty Tasty, Rich!!
Nice Job!
Like.
Thanks John . Had intended to spin these in the 360 . Happy I went with the MES instead . I use mine so much for sausage and things , I forget what a great job it does for cooks like this .

Great looking meal Chop. Pork tenderloin is a quick and great cut of meat.
Xray , thanks .
Yup , got away from cooking them . My daughter already asked , " what was that meat we had ? "
LOL , guess I better get some more .

Reactions: xray
Xray , thanks .
Yup , got away from cooking them . My daughter already asked , " what was that meat we had ? "
LOL , guess I better get some more .

For as much as my wife and I enjoy them, I never seem to do them as often as I like. They’re great on the grill and even quicker than dragging out the smoker.

Gotta get more too.

LIKE. Love loin but no dice for the family. Trying hard to convert them. They will eat it fried/schnitzel/city chicken but that's it. I would tear yours up! Interesting related story. Went to high end steak house with some buds around Christmas. We all get steak except one who orders pork chop. We are eating away and my bud says here try this. I think he wanted some of my steak... HOLY. The pork was easily better than my steak ($60) and we all agreed. Strangely, I am pretty sure it had canadian steak season on it...

I am pretty sure it had canadian steak season on it...
Yup ,, makes a difference . Flavor and tenderizer . I use it on chicken too . I get it at GFS .
Sam I have the same trouble here . That's why I don't cook it much . Son says " no flavor " He don't like smoke either so ,,, I decided he can drive his happy backside to McDonalds .
Daughter tore into it .

Nice work Chop! That is a perfect meal IMO!

Adding real wood smoke is a nice touch for sure

So, what, you just lay a chunk of wood right on the element and let it do whatever??

how easy is that!
I run it up to 275 at start up with the wood chunk in there . Then set to my cook temp and let the wood smolder to ash . I do 1 chunk at a time , and on longer cooks have added a second hunk .

Winterrider Winterrider , SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan Remember I'm using an Auber controller , so only long heat cycle is at start up . Not sure how this would work with a stock set up .

Chopsaw thats the perfect meal in my opinion. Tenderloins are one of my favorite things to do. Super tender cut of meat and fairly inexpensive. Brussels are my favorite veggie and a baked potato is always good. BIG BIG LIKE on this one. Nicely done!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky