Quick, No-Cook, 2-Ingredient Hot Sauce-New Favorite

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
I like thick hot sauces. On a whim, I combined the two ingredients in a blender, juice and all. The result has ended up on just about everything I've eaten the last two days.

Dump, blend, enjoy. So simple. The result is a little tangy, a little smoky, great texture, and medium heat. It would be easy to adjust the heat upward with a little cayenne or smoked paprika. I may add a little vinegar to extend the shelf life in the refrigerator.

Bored? (I was). Give it a try. 28 oz for about $1.50.
20220523_103518.jpg

20220523_103435.jpg

Nice, so going to try this with black soy beans. I already have a can of the adobo peppers, I use that in a bbq sauce recipe.

Reactions: noboundaries
So far I've used it on tri tip fajitas, rustic bread and mascarpone cheese, my breakfast burrito pictured above, and as a scoop-dip with a flour tortilla. It lit me up nicely right after the blend, but tamed a tad overnight in the fridge.

So far I've used it on tri tip fajitas, rustic bread and mascarpone cheese, my breakfast burrito pictured above, and as a scoop-dip with a flour tortilla. It lit me up nicely right after the blend, but tamed a tad overnight in the fridge.
I like how I can easily scale up the heat with this. My wife does not like much heat, me on the other hand will be adding ghost pepper powder to mine.

I like thick hot sauces. On a whim, I combined the two ingredients in a blender, juice and all. The result has ended up on just about everything I've eaten the last two days.

Dump, blend, enjoy. So simple. The result is a little tangy, a little smoky, great texture, and medium heat. It would be easy to adjust the heat upward with a little cayenne or smoked paprika. I may add a little vinegar to extend the shelf life in the refrigerator.

Bored? (I was). Give it a try. 28 oz for about $1.50.
View attachment 632644

View attachment 632646
Looks like good base flavor profile. Like the vinegar thought, plus maybe a scotch bonnet or two

Well, it lasted 5 days. I often eat Campbell's Chunky soups for a quick lunch. This simple sauce has transformed those familiar mechanized meals. It adds substance, not just a little heat and smoky flavor. Great dip for Simply Pita chips, too.

Time to make another batch.

If you have a quick, no cook hot sauce or concoction that's easy to throw together, please share.

Happy eating!

Ray

I bet that would be great on smoked meatloaf. Thanks for the tip Ray

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, Chris. Great idea! I like the combo of savory meat and slightly sweet coating with smoked meatloaf. I'd probably add 1/4 cup of raw or brown sugar to the sauce if you like a similar sweet/savory combo.

Reactions: gmc2003
Dang that's good !! I couldn't find the 19 oz beans, so made do with 15 oz Bush's. So a little chipotle heavy from the recipe. Warm but not stupid Hot.
The She-Beast concocted a Taco Casserole of sorts for tonights dinner. Perfect time to try it out.
The taste is VERY familiar, but Danged if I can place it. Gonna Bug me for a while. To Borrow a line from another Sauce, "Gonna put that $%^& on everything"

To Borrow a line from another Sauce, "Gonna put that $%^& on everything"
Glad you liked it, Mo! And yep. I've been doing the same thing. I'm on my second batch. I added a little balsamic, rice wine, and malt vinegars, probably 1/3 cup total. It didn't change the flavor or texture much at all.

Great as a dip on pita chips and corn chips, too!

Kind of reminds me of a thicker enchilada sauce, but WAAAAAY easier.

mixed up a batch with 15oz can of black soybeans
1.jpg

used an immersion blender added vinegar to thin a bit.
2.jpg

First try was on an egg scramble in a wrap. Sweet, Smokey, bit of spice, very good. Doing chicken and beef sliders tonight on the griddle so might add some ghost pepper powder to mine and put it on this sliders.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 19
Looks great, Cliff. Obviously, this combination of beans and chipotles has some horizontal reach to take in a few different types of beans; black, Bush's, and black soy. Glad you found it good.

Reactions: clifish
I have several cans of different beans , but no chipotle peppers .
I have adobo sauce that would probably work , but the unopened jar of tabasco pepper jelly is nagging at me .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky