Homemade meatballs and roasted garlic marinara sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DemonPit

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
Michigan
OMG I'm stuffed! I haven't made meatballs in forever, let alone a sauce. The sauce was an 8hr cook/simmer, the meatballs were simmering in the sauce for about 4hrs after being cooked in the oven.

I can't wait for my 10pm 2nd dinner!

20230802_165608.jpg 20230802_170402.jpg

I made a double batch of meatballs this time. I'm hoping to vac seal what ever leftovers are left after my 10pm 2nd dinner. I may have to make my brisket Texas chili sooner than fall. The bag of brisket keeps eye balling me every time I open the freezer.

I love me some meatballs! Those look great! What all is in your sauce?

Crushed tomatoes
Tomato paste
Salt
Pepper
Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme)
Minced garlic
Whole garlic (pealed), doused with olive oil, and into oven until soft (makes them sweet like candy)
Sautéed onion
Olive oil
Sugar

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Does anyone have a favorite recipe for Marinara or Spaghetti Sauce using canned tomatoes they would be willing to share? The BIL doesn't care for tomatoes other than fresh, so I'd like to make about 6 quarts that I could freeze and use for when he's gone. I'd also like to have your favorite meatball recipe. I've made the ones Sharon posted so many times (I love them), but it's time for a change. Thank you all so much!
DemonPit DemonPit recipe can be done with fresh tomatoes.

Jim

Reactions: DemonPit
OMG I'm stuffed! I haven't made meatballs in forever, let alone a sauce. The sauce was an 8hr cook/simmer, the meatballs were simmering in the sauce for about 4hrs after being cooked in the oven.

I can't wait for my 10pm 2nd dinner!

View attachment 672427View attachment 672428
Nice, doing this Sunday. Have the San Marzano peeled tomatoes ready to go, fresh herbs from the garden.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky