• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

question about turkey necks

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Hello all iam planning on smoking some Turkey necks and was curious if y'all thought I should boil them first

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
 You can boil them after they are smoked...   throw them in soup or stew.....  or chew on them with a cold beer....

Dave

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Turkey neck and onion gravy... Boy I should have thought of that. Local grocery that is long gone now used to sell smoked turkey necks just like smoked ham hocks.

I bet that would make an outstanding gravy raastros2 !

That was always a big hit on Bourre Night at the camp!

Last edited:

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Frank's in BR sells em as a option on their $5 lunch plate foam

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
I do like a good shrimp Macque Choux, had some last Sunday from a church luncheon sale. I know, but its not as good, but the it helps the church group.

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Whatcha think foam? Boil em first or just straight to the smoker? I might call Franks and ask them too

hambone1950

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Whatcha think foam? Boil em first or just straight to the smoker? I might call Franks and ask them too
I've smoked em. Put em right on the smoker. They are delicious and they make a nice addition to soup. :grilling_smilie:

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
If ya cooking 'em, smoke 'em, if ya eating 'em..... we both know how hard it is to wait for 'em to come the USDA no dread standards, I might par-boil 'em to lossen 'em up alittle. Wouldn't want 'em so  tuff where ya'd fall out the stand trying to pull a bite off.

I used to have a toothless old Great aunt....... she could suck a neckbone it was a work of art!

Boil 'em to eat, smoke 'em to cook.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.