question about turkey necks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 You can boil them after they are smoked...   throw them in soup or stew.....  or chew on them with a cold beer....

Dave

Turkey neck and onion gravy... Boy I should have thought of that. Local grocery that is long gone now used to sell smoked turkey necks just like smoked ham hocks.

I bet that would make an outstanding gravy raastros2 !

That was always a big hit on Bourre Night at the camp!

Last edited:
If ya cooking 'em, smoke 'em, if ya eating 'em..... we both know how hard it is to wait for 'em to come the USDA no dread standards, I might par-boil 'em to lossen 'em up alittle. Wouldn't want 'em so  tuff where ya'd fall out the stand trying to pull a bite off.

I used to have a toothless old Great aunt....... she could suck a neckbone it was a work of art!

Boil 'em to eat, smoke 'em to cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky