Pulled pork help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

klovebbq

Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Hello new to the forum I'm cooking 20 pork buttsfor a big event and am looking for help on how to do it I will be cooking all 20 Thursday night to Friday morning so that they will be ready at 6am Friday to serve from 8:30am-4pm then my BIG QUESTION is how to i store them properly in the fridge or freezer WITHOUT SHREDDING for Saturday to be served from 12pm-7pm I will be reheating them whole in my smoker still wrapped to avoid over smoking thanks in advance for any help I am really looking to avoid pre shredding

​Well first welcome to the Forum. Wow 20 pork butts. I can not imagine tackling that so I am not sure I can help with your request but I know there are many here that can shed some light.  I bet one of them jump in here any time.

Thanks and yeah I did it last year but didn't have to cook them all on Friday unfortunately I'm busier this year and won't have time to do them on Saturday so I have to cook all of them Thursday night for the weekend

Just curious, why do they have to be whole? Pulled, Panned and Foiled , it reheats fast, does not risk issues from a long cool down and reheat, taste fresh and sealed in pan meets the no additional smoke requirement. I catered for years and always pulled after smoking...JJ

Big question I have is this, Thursday night start, ready to serve at 0630 Friday morning? What time do you plan to start smoking the butts? That's a HUGE cold mass going into a smoker and could possibly take 16-18 hours to complete.

Hello new to the forum I'm cooking 20 pork buttsfor a big event and am looking for help on how to do it I will be cooking all 20 Thursday night to Friday morning
so that they will be ready at 6am Friday to serve from 8:30am-4pm
then my BIG QUESTION is how to i store them properly in the fridge or freezer WITHOUT SHREDDING
for Saturday to be served from 12pm-7pm
I will be reheating them whole in my smoker still wrapped to avoid over smoking thanks in advance for any help I am really looking to avoid pre shredding
Are you doing two events, one Fri all day and one Sat afternoon?

ok I guess I will have to pull I just wanted to save some space in the smoker cause I will be having to cook sausage and will be taking up one whole side of my pit and yes I'm doing two events one Friday and one Saturday I have cooked this many porks More then once but never had to reheat the next day other reason for not shredding was presentation I feel like when the customers see it fall apart that's the seller!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky