Pulled Pork for Son's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner not a lot of Pics (sorry)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
DACULA GA
We hosted 23 people last Friday for the Wedding Rehearsal dinner. First time doing for that many in about 5 years. I smoked 2 Pork loins and a 9 lb Bone in Butt.
The Loin was just your basic prep, used Jeff's Original Rub the night before, then into the fridge. The Butt use Jeff's Original too, but this is the 1st time I butterflied the Butt first. Sliced it almost all the way in half so I could put Rub into the middle as well as all around. Helping to create more bark on 4 sides. Technique I learned here. I also injected the Butt the night before with a recipe I've used for years also from the Forum. Put in fridge overnight. Started the Butt at 10pm Thursday with Hickory pellets in the AMNPS.
MES 40 set at 230'. IT went up to 160' by 1pm Friday then stalled. Decided not to wrap this time. 130pm put on the Loins. At 400pm the Butt was at 201 IT and pulled, wrapped and rested until 630pm. Loins were done at 160 IT by 545pm, let them rest too. I also made homemade sauce, recipe from an old friend I hadn't made for 7 years. Mainly because it takes a while to make and has a lot of ingredients. Here's the very small amount of pictures.
Here's the Butt after resting and unwrapping, at first I worried it looked a little dry, but after pulling apart, it was pretty juicy.
IMG_1871.jpg
Pulled and ready to be devoured, which it was, there was very little leftover. I put a few nice piecesa of bark on top for my Son, he loves it. The Loin was also eaten well, sorry no pics of the Loin.
image0-2.jpeg
My Wife made her excellent Mac and Cheese which also went fast.
Overall a good time was had by all, we got several compliments, 1 of the Grandfathers asked for the sauce recipe, which was flattering as he's been a meat smoker a long long time. Thanks for looking.

Thanks, the pulled looks and was great. But I got a little worried when I unwrapped the whole thing initially after resting, looked dry. Thanks for the like too, very appreciated.

Thanks Jim. We're very excited. Thanks for the like, it's very appreciated.

Reactions: JLeonard
I heard that! The wedding was originally scheduled in April, then Covid! So had to postpone to August 1. Translation = go through all of the prep work and nerve wracking twice.
It's all for a good cause, our kids, right? Yes. Once it's done, the relief is wonderful.
Congrats to your Daughter.

Reactions: JLeonard
Congrats to your son! Looks great from here. Always nice when others enjoy your Q.
Thanks, and it is nice when others enjoy your Q. You can tell when they eat a lot of it. That means the compliments are real, lol. Thanks for the like too, very appreciated.

I heard that! The wedding was originally scheduled in April, then Covid! So had to postpone to August 1. Translation = go through all of the prep work and nerve wracking twice.
It's all for a good cause, our kids, right? Yes. Once it's done, the relief is wonderful.
Congrats to your Daughter.
Same thing here with the Covid postponing stuff. And yes sir......We gotta take care of our kids.

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky