Pulled Pork Enchiladas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Where The River Runs Through It
I love my kids. When I asked what they wanted for supper last night they didn't say "chicken nuggets" or "corn dogs", they said "enchiladas!...but not too spicy, Dad."

Wish granted.

I started with some leftover pulled pork.
IMG_20190204_170805.jpg

Chopped it up and mixed in some cheese and spices.
IMG_20190204_171010.jpg

Rolled it up in corn tortillas.
IMG_20190204_171238.jpg

Topped it with my homemade hatch green chile enchilada sauce. (For the kiddos I just used some store bought mild green chile sauce)
IMG_20190204_171716.jpg
Sauce recipe is in a comment below (or click the link)

More cheese.
IMG_20190204_171741.jpg

And *boom* enchiladas!
IMG_20190204_175124.jpg

This was my first time using pulled pork in enchiladas. The smoke added another depth of flavor that was a great compliment to a dish that is already one of my favorites!

Last edited:
Looks great preacher man! My 5 yr old won’t touch anything i smoke she would rather eat chicken nuggets and cheese pizza. My son on the other hand tears it up. I’ll def have to give the enchiladas a try! Smoked two more yard birds last night with tons of leftover meat

Preacher
Love it...you mind sharing your homemade sauce recipe?
You bet. It's not my original anyway.
http://www.lomexicano.com/recipe/Best-green-chile-enchilada-sauce

I buy hatch chiles in the summer by the bushel and then bring them home and do my own fire roasting and packaging. When I buy them, I get 'em as hot as I can. This batch of sauce made my wife tap out after 3 bites, and she ain't no sissy. So just be mindful of your heat index when making this. If you need to substitute a different pepper it'll still taste great. I normally do that for my kids, but I didn't have time to do the roasting, sweating, and peeling before meal time.

Reactions: kit s
Looks great! Smoked fare is totally killer for Tex Mex. I picked up a cool trick from a good Tex Mex cook book, fry the tortillas a little before using.

20190206_191050.jpg
20190206_195035.jpg
Thanks for the inspiration Preacher Man Preacher Man ! I had a bunch of p-pork left from Super Bowl so I made a pan last night. Very tasty. I didn't want to make my own sauce (nor did I believe the local store would have the needed chiles this time of year) so I followed @chilerelleno recipe :https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...lo-verde-aka-green-chicken-enchiladas.253263/ obviously subbing the chicken for pork. I couldn't get the crema fresca so I used sour cream and squeezed a half lime into the pot while simmering. Adjusted the seasoning to my taste. Yum!

Edit: Dang, no idea why the pics are above instead of below. the top pic is right before going in the oven.

Cast Iron Enchiladas! Why didn't I think of that? Those look great.

Fist bump :emoji_right_facing_fist:

Thanks! The cast iron worked very nice though you need to be a little creative in how you stuff 'em in there. I'm very limited on bake ware so I do what I can :emoji_wink: That pan has become my favorite, I use it for tons of stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky