Pulled Pork dilemma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sbishop

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi everyone,

Im in a little dilemma, I was late putting in the boneless butts this afternoon for a potluck tomorrow at work (noon). Butts are currently at 158 and was wondering what are my options... serving in about 16 hrs.

I usually wrap around 160-165 and let it go until 203. Towel and wrap in cooler for 2 hrs. I’m guessing at some point I’ll have to place it in the fridge and reheat tomorrow at noon? Do I still place it in cooler for a few hours then pull and place in fridge?

Any suggestion is much appreciated!

SBishop

What are your reheating options? Just a microwave?

Make a batch of SoFlaQuer's Finishing Sauce.
Finish and pull the pork.
Before reheating add in the sauce and reheat, it helps it stay nice and moist.

If you have access to an oven, leave the Butt whole and reheat it to an IT of 170° then pull and add sauce.

Yes my only option will be microwave but I can bring a slow cooker and keep it warm for a bit too.. was thinking of warming up the slow cooker maybe and hour before and then 30 min before us microwave and place it in the slow cooker with some left over juices ?

If it were me I would lower the pit temp to 205 and let the butts go all night. Pull it tomorrow when you’re ready. Add a water pan if you are worried about it drying out. I like bark on my smoked meat so if I wrap, I always unwrap and crisp the bark back up.

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks and let you know how I made out.

I ended up pulling it from the smoker at 165 and wrapping it in foil. Placed it in the oven at 225 until it reached 203...around 2am. it was near freezing outside so I just sat it inside my bbq till morning. Was a little harder then usually to pull it (wasn't so bad)..keep the liquids. Used microwave at work and mixed in some of the left over juices..placed it in slow cooker until we ate....couldn't tell the difference...worked out great!

Sbishop

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky