Pulled Cured Butt Ham in East Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Pulled Butt Ham, Had to give this one a try. I would like to thank Bear again for his fantastic Step by Step's

(His Link) http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/138526/buckboard-bacon-and-pulled-cured-boston-butt-ham

Started with a Butt from Sam's, de-boned and split it. Half for Buck Board Bacon the other for Cured Butt Ham

Rubbed with proper amount of T Q and Brown Sugar bagged and in the fridge for 8 days, turning each day

Day 9 out of the fridge, rinsed and soaked for about 45 min. patted dry seasoned with a little garlic powder and black pepper

on the drying rack and back in the fridge for a day.

Fired up smoker, pulled butt out of fridge and let sit under a fan till smoker comes to temp.

Smoker at 125 º Put meat on, added pecan and maple chunks

Note: I was also smoking the BBB and was cooking Beef Ribs later on.

Smoked BBB for 6 hours till IT was 120 º Pulled the BBB and added more lump and a split of Pecan cranking the 

temp up to 225 º 

Put on Beef Ribs, Took Butt Ham put in foil pan added pineapple rings and juice, covered in foil and back on the smoker.

Cooked till IT was 205 º took about 5 more hours, Here are a few pics.

De-boned and split

Ready to cure

TQ and Brown Sugar, Bagged and ready for a nap

Rinsed, soaked, seasoned and ready to go back in the fridge

Smoker up to temp

BBB and Butt Ham  smoking away

Butt Ham with Pineapple slices and juice

Aha     Smells wonderful !     A couple of shots

And Finally Pulled,   I have got to say this stuff is Fantastic. I would recommend  everyone

trying this you just won't believe the flavor

Thanks for the Look

Last edited:
Looks Outstanding Gary!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

You did Great !!!
icon14.gif
--------------------
points.gif

I know you're really hooked now, because that Pulled Butt Ham is Awesome!!
drool.gif

Bear

Looks great and Kudos on the knife skills...JJ

Thanks Guys for the nice comments 

Gary

Thanks Danny

Thanks Aceoky

Thanks Guys and thank you for the point tropics

Gary

Hey bruno, it's pretty easy  and i promise as good as it looks it taste even better

Gary

Thanks David

gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky