Pulled Beef With Andouille

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Morning smokers. Not alot of pics but I smoked up a 3.5lb chuck roast yesterday using Loot N Booty Jalapeno Garlic black rub.

Had my smoker running 225 using pecan. Here's the roast all seasoned
IMG_20200906_123750.jpg

And onto the smoker
IMG_20200906_125155.jpg

About 3hrs in
IMG_20200906_160052.jpg

After it hit about 155 I wrapped in pink butcher paper
IMG_20200906_184249.jpg

Around 7 hours it was at 208 I pulled it off and put in a cooler with towels for an hour and threw some andouille sausage on the smoker for about an hour
IMG_20200906_193023.jpg

Pulled the beef apart and cut up the sausage
IMG_20200906_200407~2.jpg

It turned out delicious. Beef was fall apart and juicy. The juice mixed with the rub and coated meat after pulled. Had really great flavor. We made sammiches on French bread. On mine I put beef, sausage, horseradish,sauteed mushrooms and onions,pepperoncini,some gouda I smoked this past winter. Missed pics of that. When I brought food in the family went full shark week.

Found a plated pic although not a good one. Horseradish and pepperoncini on bottom. Hefty dose of beef then a split sausage. Gouda on top then onions and shrooms on that. More horseradish
IMG_20200906_201142~2.jpg

Like I said was starving so pics got sloppy at this point

Last edited:
Brother, I'd fall on that like a rabid dog. And the sammich sounds excellent. Glad to see that your family seems to be over the sickness.
Jim

Your starting to sell me on that black rub Jake. Nice Job.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: 73saint
The sammie sounds delicious! And a serious must try. I never would have thought about pairing those two meats in the fashion you did. Was the andouille sausage yours. Or store bought? I would have loved to have seen that sammie.

The sammie sounds delicious! And a serious must try. I never would have thought about pairing those two meats in the fashion you did. Was the andouille sausage yours. Or store bought? I would have loved to have seen that sammie.
Thanks steve. I've put sausage on brisket sammiches before so thought why not. Really adds an extra tasty profile. The andouille was store bought but still delicious. I updated the thread with a sammich pic. Not a great shot though

Thanks steve. I've put sausage on brisket sammiches before so thought why not. Really adds an extra tasty profile. The andouille was store bought but still delicious. I updated the thread with a sammich pic. Not a great shot though
Thanks. The pic gives me enough of an idea to what you did. I'm making burritos tomorrow with the PP. I'm going to see if I can amp it up a bit to your level burrito style. Thanks for the inspiration. I have some smoked cheese. Just not sure what.

Looks delicious Jake. Excellent Bark from that Rub too. That plated shot is good enough to make my mouth water. Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky