Propane Tanks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ny newbie

Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
Carthage, NY
I am trying to find a propane tank so that I can start my rf build.  I have been to every propane supplier in my area and none of them will sell a tank.  I have been watching craigslist for 2 months now and nothing.  Any suggestions??

Around here the propane guys are happy to get rid of thier "red X" tanks cheap. Too bad for the location though. Hang in there, one will show up for ya.

Dime a dozzen here, just went to the scrap yard the other day and they just finished cutting up a pile of 500 gallon tanks and now they are just a huge pile of cut up chunks....

You need to check the scrap yards, and tank suppliers as they are always replacing the end fill tanks with top fill so you should be able to find one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky