Processing Week 2022...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like we will get everything done on the venison Saturday. And hope to get first coarse grind on the wild hog/domestic hog smoke sausage so we can salt. cure and season to rest in the fridge. Probably gonna take Sunday off and final grind/stuff the smoke sausage Monday. Smoke Tuesday and Wednesday...

Looks like we will get everything done on the venison Saturday. And hope to get first coarse grind on the wild hog/domestic hog smoke sausage so we can salt. cure and season to rest in the fridge. Probably gonna take Sunday off and final grind/stuff the smoke sausage Monday. Smoke Tuesday and Wednesday...
Can't wait to see the end products! :D

Reactions: indaswamp
Well...I brought all my meat, equipment and supplies to the building today. We trimmed all the beef rump roast that my uncle picked up on sale for $2.99/#.
IMG_20220211_140701.jpg

Set up the grinders and my electric stuffer. And I mixed up another 100# of smoke sausage seasoning for my buddy.
IMG_20220211_165251.jpg

Probably have to do 3 smoke days. we are at 290# smoke sausage right now. Got the fat in the cooler on the top shelf so it should be 32-33*F by morning. Bright and early 0600....it's gonna be a grind (pun intended). LOL!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tallbm
Looking forward to the pics. Pace yourself it's gonna be a long day :emoji_laughing:

Checking in to see if you are OK.... You must be exhausted and it is only the first day!!! Can't wait to see pics of everything!

Checking in to see if you are OK.... You must be exhausted and it is only the first day!!! Can't wait to see pics of everything!
I am exhausted. 712# of product today. Got 185# wild hog/domestic hog smoke sausage coarse grind, seasoning, salt, cure, STPP mixed and in the fridge to cure. Will do final grind thru 6mm plate Monday. Along with 200# venison and Wild hog for my buddy. He did not call me until Friday morning with how much he's got so I did not have a fat order for him. Will have to pick up fat for him Monday. His Dad is on hospice and he's taking time off work to be with him and take care of him so it is understandable. I told him that he did not have to stay at processing day today; if he needs to leave-go! We had a lot on our plate anyways with all we did.

All in the total for this year is 912#. Pics. when I can....I'm not long for bed.

• Wow
That is a lot of work for Day 1 I don't blame you for hitting the sack hope you get some sleep

That is a lot of work for Day 1 I don't blame you for hitting the sack hope you get some sleep
I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and I just realized I forgot to add cure #1 to the big batch of wild hog/ domestic pork smoke sausage coarse grind. Will have to do that later today. All the meat is in 5 totes so I will have to pull them out individually, weigh, mix up cure, and mix. Late in the day yesterday my brain was not firing on all cylinders.....

Cousin put 4 venison sirloin roasts in 2 crock pots at 6am when he arrived at the station Saturday morning, along with some black eyed peas in another crock pot. Let that go all day. checked on it at lunch, then added the potatoes and carrots around 3pm. Good thing too because the firehouse had a house fire drop on them right in the middle of processing day. Both my cousin and an off duty fireman that works a different shift dropped everything and left to go take care of it. Vehicle caught fire under the carport cover...wind blew the direction of the second car, caught it on fire. Fire wrapped around the eves and got into the attic. The guys caught it and put it out before it made it to above the kitchen. Made one hell of a save....might have saved the house from a total loss.

That meal made everybody happy...
IMG_20220212_184253.jpg

Reactions: motocrash
Pics...

called an audible at the end of the day when we were done with all our venison. Had 260# of wild hog. domestic pork, and pork fat. Decided to make a run of wild hog/ domestic pork breakfast sausage. Here I am mixing up more Breakfast sausage seasoning...
IMG_20220213_153856_01.jpg

Milk powder being mixed with water to form a paste for even distribution...
IMG_20220213_153853_01.jpg

First coil of venison/ wild hog fresh sausage of the day..
IMG_20220213_153848_01.jpg

And links...
IMG_20220213_153844_01.jpg

Mixing the 260# all pork to distribute evenly...that's two 150qt. ice chests...both half full.
IMG_20220213_152638_03.jpg

portioning out the meat for making the breakfast sausage...
IMG_20220213_152638_02.jpg

Last edited:
Food looks and sounds great. Isn't that usually the way try to do something and the tones start but when your bored stiff they stay silent

Everything looks great and you have an amazing set up. Wish I was closer to help, and try what I am sure is delicious sausage!!

I have to pick up 20# of pork back fat in the morning, then do first grind on my buddies meat. Hope to finish stuffing it all tomorrow.
32# Ven./ wild hog jalapeno & cheese smoke sausage
100# Ven. / wild hog ground meat
80# Ven. / wild hog regular cajun smoke sausage
20# Ven. / wild hog cajun breakfast sausage

Takes me back to my Minnesota childhood making tubs upon tubs of potato sausage. Just seeing those casings in that giant bowl of water brings back so many memories. It looks like you’ve done this a few dozen times, maybe even a gazillion times.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky