probes for digital thermometers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovesmokin

Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem....

I've got three Acu-Rite wired probe thermometers. see pic >> http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/parts...648sbLarge.jpg

All three have stopped working because the probes don't give the signal any more. Probably happened when I washed them. The electronic readout part still works, but the wired probe thingy is broke.

Anybody know where I can get some spare probes for this? I've looked everywhere I can think on the internet and can't find them....

Please help!! I'm getting hungry!

I only clean my temperature probes with a slightly soapy wet cloth and a little elbow grease followed by a clean wet cloth wipedown.

Mine hasn't stopped but it get very erractic when the outside temps get below about 10 degrees. I think the cold upsets the batteries.

mad.gif

I'll stick to my dial therometer for winter!

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm tempted to think all probes are the same. I just bought a Maverick, andthe probes for it interchanged with my Taylor. Both of those mfgrs state not to submerge the probes. I've been told that alot of "kitchen gadget" stores sell probes. Maverick sells probes http://www.maverickhousewares.com/

Does Acu-rite not sell replacements?

Hope this helps you out.

Tim

Oh, if the instructions say not to submerge, that must be why I missed it.

I figured the instructions said something like "turn it on, start pushing buttons, poke that sharp thing in somewhere, sit down and start watching the numbers change."

I might try a couple of the maverick probes and see what happens.

thanks

Be careful not to put them directly over a c'coal fire either. I ruined one that way myself. They won't stand up to that kind of heat.

Tim

Don't know where you got yours at, but the local WalMart sells Acu Rite thermometers for 9.95, they are the red plastic one. Probably cheaper to buy the whole thing than it is to pay shipping on a probe. I bought one and it crapped out about half way through my second smoke with it (and I didn't submerge my probe), checked and it was made in China with no instruction to reach the manufacturer. I went to Home Depot and bought a CharmGlow remote digital and I love it. Only wish it had 2 probes like the Maverick 73.

yup, that's the only way to clean them!!!!! and no most probes are not interchangable (trust me I tested on all three of mine, they are all calibrated differently).....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky