Prime With Sides!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, had this Prime that was gifted to the wife… she donates her time to a local women’s crisis center….My kids also donate their time…Proud of them for doing so… Sometimes they have leftovers and send them home to the volunteers!

CB982F5E-2006-400A-818E-F7FCA17B091D.jpeg

So here is tonight’s meal….

Sous vide at 138* for three hours… and broiled for for a few on each side…

Absolutely fork tender…. Just awesome!

Cut shot!

4BDDDE50-13BD-4E98-8325-3742AE1486EC.jpeg

Then the plated shot with some Texas Toast, local horseradish and the wife’s awesome salad!

3D8D3C54-73A9-449F-851A-8152AFF6BDC3.jpeg

Just one awesome meal… thanks for looking!

Now I have no words Justin! But by golly that's sure raising the rafters on that prime rib!

Ryan

Thanks buddy…was sure a tasty meal! I assume my new user will take some getting used too!

I am still trying to get used to it…. 😂

Great looking prime! But Elvira??? Did I miss something??
Post #4...

Thanks buddy…was sure a tasty meal! I assume my new user will take some getting used too!

I am still trying to get used to it…. 😂
Just don't change your avatar or we'll all be scratching our heads...🤣

Nice meal and very nice of your family to volunteer their time. It's so rewarding on so many levels...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Wow Elvie!! That's one superb looking hunk of pure beef bliss right there!! Nice job, a great meal, and so nice that the folks give back to those who help them. Props to you, your kids, and your wife for helping others. We need a LOT more of that in the world today.

Robert
P.S. I'm fast getting used to your new name....and your new username :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Just don't change your avatar or we'll all be scratching our heads...🤣

Nice meal and very nice of your family to volunteer their time. It's so rewarding on so many levels...

Thanks all the way around Charles, appreciated!

Yea, that avatar won’t change anytime soon! 😂

Looks great Rafter, sorry I mean Justin

I see it was fully cooked , so is the Sous vide just to bring it to eating temp.

Good on your family for the volunteer work.

And on a side note I was also confused by the Elvira comment.
But have always loved both of her , I mean her.

David

Haha, thanks David…

Yea, where it was smoked to rare… the SV just brought it to our preferred eating temp!

Thanks for the kind words, pretty proud of them!

Ha, thank tx smoker tx smoker for that one! 😂

And agree… with your assessment of her! 😉

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow Elvie!! That's one superb looking hunk of pure beef bliss right there!! Nice job, a great meal, and so nice that the folks give back to those who help them. Props to you, your kids, and your wife for helping others. We need a LOT more of that in the world today.

Robert
P.S. I'm fast getting used to your new name....and your new username :emoji_laughing:

Thanks my friend for the kind words…

I tell ya, you keep it up and going to have to change my user ID again! 😂

I tell ya, you keep it up and going to have to change my user ID again!
That's fine buddy. It only took two days but you'll forever be known as Elvira now. May as well go ahead and change it before people start getting used to the Rafter H moniker. No sense making folks get to re-know you twice :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky