Brand Thread?!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all! So just curious if you all that have a cattle brand would be interested in sharing it!? The state and brand name! I recently changed my username to my fams brand name that was used here in Idaho for generations!

It’s a registered Idaho brand called Rafter H… hope to see some of yours!

E1B035FA-648E-43AB-9F34-9735776A0C54.jpeg

So is your real name still Justin?
No. He sent me a text telling me that he has officially changed his name to Elvira...queen of the darkness. One can only guess why :emoji_laughing:
Hey all! So just curious if you all that have a cattle brand would be interested in sharing it!?
This should be fun. I'll play along. this is how I try to brand all of my cattle:
008.jpg

A different cow
027.jpg

And yet another different cow.
013.jpg

I'm cheating but I love to play, even when I have nothing to offer :emoji_astonished: That is my officially unofficial family brand though. Maybe, hopefully, somebody will come along with some real content to share. Be interesting to see. When I was 7 or 8 we had a Roy Rogers restaurant in town and I loved the food there. Fell in love with the Double "R" Bar burger, which was Roy's official brand. Had sort of a fascination with them ever since. Being that we have ranches all over the place out here, each one has a huge gate at the entrance with their brand posted. It's fun driving by and checking them all out.

Robert

No. He sent me a text telling me that he has officially changed his name to Elvira...queen of the darkness. One can only guess why :emoji_laughing:

This should be fun. I'll play along. this is how I try to brand all of my cattle:
View attachment 655324

A different cow
View attachment 655325

And yet another different cow.
View attachment 655326

I'm cheating but I love to play, even when I have nothing to offer :emoji_astonished: That is my officially unofficial family brand though. Maybe, hopefully, somebody will come along with some real content to share. Be interesting to see. When I was 7 or 8 we had a Roy Rogers restaurant in town and I loved the food there. Fell in love with the Double "R" Bar burger, which was Roy's official brand. Had sort of a fascination with them ever since. Being that we have ranches all over the place out here, each one has a huge gate at the entrance with their brand posted. It's fun driving by and checking them all out.

Robert

Love the brand Robert, very cool buddy!

Yours truly,

Elvira

I don't have a brand. My late stepfather had one..
View attachment 655337

He always put his brand on his work. He loved to do wood craft. The penny was for the year he made it. The spike was for his nickname. Miss him.

Very cool Steve, thanks for sharing… sounds like he was one heck of a guy!

The family cattle brand was a running N, similar to this but with tighter return bends on each end. It was surrendered in the early '70's.
View attachment 655339

My other brand is the bucking horse and rider which is the Wyoming state symbol.
View attachment 655340

Thanks for sharing, really like both… Being close to Wyoming, I always loved you alls state symbol! Your license plates are cool too!

No brands around here, but if there are loose cows, we usually know who they belong to. If not, we shut them in the nearest field and wait for someone to claim them.

No brands around here, but if there are loose cows, we usually know who they belong to. If not, we shut them in the nearest field and wait for someone to claim them.

Really? That is interesting… as the brand here is your staple saying the cattle is yours!

Oh this is so cool!

I've never known anyone who raised cattle and have always wondered how "branding" works from a legal standpoint. There are some cool-looking ones out there for sure!

My FIL used to talk about how hog farmers in the area where he grew up would mark their hogs by making small crops/splits in their ears, though...I had NO idea that was even a thing!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky