Prime Time Sunday w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
I was at Sam's club a few weeks ago and they had some Prime briskets that looked great and at $4.68/lb. Against my better judgement I didn't get one. Well After having some emergency dental work I was wanting to do something relaxing so I asked the wife if she could run by Sam's and get me one yesterday. Well being the wonderful woman she is she gladly did it for me.

Screenshot_20220320-115223_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220320-115340_Gallery.jpg

Here it is trimmed and seasoned

Screenshot_20220320-115429_Gallery.jpg

Onto the smoker @ 300°. Doing a hotter cook on it today for a change.

Screenshot_20220320-115510_Gallery.jpg

A 6 hours into it and about to go into foil.

Screenshot_20220320-151851_Gallery.jpg

Looking good so far.

More to come.

Damn that’s a nice looking hunk of meat. Can’t wait for finish

Reactions: negolien
Is Sams prime beef the same as USDA Prime? Yours looks awesome just wondering for the next time I go to sams.

Should be incredible. Watching for the cut shot, but heck yeah, I’m sure I know what it will look like. Nothing wrong with hotter/hot and fast brisket.

Is Sams prime beef the same as USDA Prime? Yours looks awesome just wondering for the next time I go to sams.

Yes its USDA Prime Grade.

Here is the unfoiling .

Screenshot_20220320-185748_Gallery.jpg

Flat resting after being removed from the point.
Screenshot_20220320-185821_Gallery.jpg

Point cut up and sauced in my homemade sauce ready to go back onto the smoker.
Screenshot_20220320-185829_Gallery.jpg

Sliced the thin end of the flat.

Screenshot_20220320-185843_Gallery.jpg

Flat all cut up.

Screenshot_20220320-185852_Gallery.jpg

This was a smaller brisket so I knew that the edges of the flat would be a tad dry. Surprisingly it had more moisture then I expected. Had a good spring to the pull and good bit thru. Definitely could have been juicier but I am not complaining about it from a 12 lb brisket.

Points on the smoker for some burnt ends. This point is the nicest point I have gotten off a brisket before. The point is actually nicer than the flat for sure.

Standby for the burnt ends.

Looks excellent! And I got here just in time! Nice job Brian!

Ryan

Looks fantastic Brian! Sam’s price on those prime is darn good I think. Great smoke ring and the burnt ends look great.

That is an awesome looking meal Brian!
The burnt ends look delicious!
Did you cook the burnt ends covered or uncovered, and how long did you cook them? They really look tender & juicy!
Al

Great lookin plate .
I agree with Al on the burnt ends . Those look really good .

Wow Brian. Great cook and way to make that brisket shine....especially those burnt ends. Very well done sir and happy for you that it came out juicier than anticipated. That's always a nice and welcome surprise :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky