• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prime Rib Tonight

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
I'm not sure whether I should thank "chefrob" or curse him. Last night we were having a discussion in another thread, and the end result is this roast. A wonderful looking prime rib roast 5.1 pounds of beefy goodness;

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Here it is all seasoned, with EVOO and Montreal Steak Spice. I didn't want to go too heavy with the seasoning because I want the beef to "shine".

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looking good so far.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
just couldn't help yerself could ya.............

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
just couldn't help yerself could ya.............
Nope! When you mentioned it last night, I thought,"damn, I I haven't had some in a while" So I did the carnivore bit, and 35 bucks later....

It's all your fault

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now that looks like a really good hunk of meat for 35.00 heck I have some of the wifes money I'll take 2. You are doing one fine job so far too.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Apologies for the late post, but life got in the way last night & today. Anyhow, here's the pics of the done prime rib. Smoked it to 135, and let it rest for 1/2 hr prior to cutting.

Enjoy.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks