Prime rib time! The grand finale!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Mighty Tasty from the Bear Den!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

My Favorite!!
drool.gif

Nice Job, Case!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Mouth watering Chase! Points to you sir!

Do you feel the salt packing like that is worth it? That is- better than a rotisserie method or even Sous Vide?

Holy moley! That looks outstanding!

I've heard about salt packing, and I've seen it on here, but I've yet to try it, this may be the post that pushes me over the edge!

:points1: for sure!

Mouth watering Chase! Points to you sir!

Do you feel the salt packing like that is worth it? That is- better than a rotisserie method or even Sous Vide?

Thank you!

Can't say if it makes better than the other two methods. I don't Sous vide. I do rotisserie and I like that method too. In fact my next one will be on the rotisserie.

I like to mix things up and have always liked this method. It's a crowd pleaser when serving to guests.

Holy moley! That looks outstanding!

I've heard about salt packing, and I've seen it on here, but I've yet to try it, this may be the post that pushes me over the edge!

:points1: for sure!

Thanks CB! It's one of my favorite ways to cook it. If you want to add the smoke, cold smoke the roast for a couple hours then put it in the salt pack.

Word of caution pull the roast a bit earlier than normal. The salt retains a bunch of heat so it can be easy to over shoot your IT.

A good friend years ago, because I wasn't going to my families for Christmas that year, invited me to join him and his family. He was my Pop's age and a real character. What he didn't tell me was when yo show up till Christmas Eve while were were celebrating. He always tryed to get me to meet him and his running buddies for biscuits and gravy way before the sun showed up every day. Anyway, I was invited to Christmas morning. 

He couldn't boil water, but he had his family all lined out at their jobs...LOL  There was a large ribeye roast cooked like you just showed, eggs, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, (he even made his wife cook grits for me they never had 'em), and all the trimmings. While all the cooking was going on, we and I sat on the back porch sipping coffee and shooting shots watching the sun come up. And it was cold, and a beautiful sunrise on the desert. 

That was the best prime rib!

Did you whip egg whites and add to the salt, to form the crust?

A good friend years ago, because I wasn't going to my families for Christmas that year, invited me to join him and his family. He was my Pop's age and a real character. What he didn't tell me was when yo show up till Christmas Eve while were were celebrating. He always tryed to get me to meet him and his running buddies for biscuits and gravy way before the sun showed up every day. Anyway, I was invited to Christmas morning. 

He couldn't boil water, but he had his family all lined out at their jobs...LOL  There was a large ribeye roast cooked like you just showed, eggs, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, (he even made his wife cook grits for me they never had 'em), and all the trimmings. While all the cooking was going on, we and I sat on the back porch sipping coffee and shooting shots watching the sun come up. And it was cold, and a beautiful sunrise on the desert. 

That was the best prime rib!

Did you whip egg whites and add to the salt, to form the crust?

Thanks Kevin! Good story!

Nope I've never felt the need to add the egg whites and flour. I just add water to make a thick slurry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky