• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prime rib time! The grand finale!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Well almost. Tomorrow night is going to be the night. I took out one of the roasts I cut from the 19 pounder and let it thaw in the garage. Which this week is right at fridge temps.

This morning I took it out of the vac pack and placed it into a new one. Seasoned with black pepper, garlic powder & Henderson's Relish. Pulse marinated it with the Vacmaster Pro380. Sealed it and placed it in the fridge until tomorrow.

More tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's a great start!

Gotta love those VacMaster's!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
That's a great start!

Gotta love those VacMaster's!

Al
Yeah mines paid for itself ten fold. Much better than my food savers I used for years.

At times I wish I had a chamber unit, but I pack thins that are too big for most. For soups, sauces etc. I put in the vac pack bag, temporarily seal it and freeze overnight. Then vac pack it. Works great.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Every one hang on, this cook has been postponed until Sunday! Guess that means more time for the Henderson's Relish to work its way into the meat!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
MMMMmmm---Good Start !!

Be Back--

Bear

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
And it begins!

Salt packing this one as SWMBO said no smoke!

All packed. Rubbed with garlic, pepper, and then there's fresh rosemary. I'll run the oven around 325. This is going in at 4pm.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Cruising right along!

Wife has requested horseradish mashed taters and we have some great looking Asparagus that I'll steam.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
We like to multi task.

Taters get to steam the Asparagus!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.