Prime Rib On The Mini !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, had a couple PR in the freezer & figured it was time to smoke one up ! So, here we go.....

Rubbed down with L&P Worchestershire Sauce.... Then sprinkled with Onion Powder, Garlic Powder & CBP !

Few pics before seasoning... This is a bone in, so I have a few ribs to chew on as well ! Thumbs Up

Seasoned up & in the fridge for a few hours !

Using KBB & Kiawe wood for this smoke !

Game on !

Mini held steady at 275*
3 hours later, pulled at IT of 138*

After 1/2 hr rest....
Couple sliced pics !

Plated pic with sour cream & horseradish sauce, peas & taters with gravy ! Sorry the last pic is kinda fuzzy !

It was a tasty meal, thanks for lookin all !

Last edited:
Looks Great from my house Justin!!!
icon14.gif

I could use a nice slice of that right now!!
drool.gif

Nice!!------------
points.gif

Bear

Looks Great from my house Justin!!!Thumbs Up

I could use a nice slice of that right now!!:drool

Nice!!------------:points:

Bear

Thanks a bunch Bear, much appreciated ! Still a little left if ya hurry !

Looks like it turned out tasty! I'm not a huge prime rib fan but if you coat it with Cajun seasoning and blacken it's pretty tasty!

Looks like it turned out tasty! I'm not a huge prime rib fan but if you coat it with Cajun seasoning and blacken it's pretty tasty!

Thanks, but isn't anything good blackened ? Just sayin ! :biggrin:

Yum!! :drool Looks delicious, Justin! Ya gotta love some smoked PR! Nice going my friend! Thumbs Up

Red

Thanks a bunch Red, appreciate ya dropping a line buddy ! Hope all is well with you & yours !

I gotta try a prime rib.. I'm not a fan of it but my lady and her brother and dad love it. I'll have try to turn out a good one and get some brownie points.. lol

Justin sorry brother but i don;'t want anyone to get sick.....send me that 2nd to last pic and i'll have it tested!   Thank me later!!!

Haha ! Thanks Keith... I sent ya some the last time, don't tell me the mailman didn't get it to ya ! Hmmm... Somethin goin on there ! :biggrin:

I gotta try a prime rib.. I'm not a fan of it but my lady and her brother and dad love it. I'll have try to turn out a good one and get some brownie points.. lol

Yep, ya gotta try it smoked ! Thumbs Up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky