Prime Rib, Dutch's Beans, and ABT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teeroy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
California
Did a prime rib today with Dutch's beans and some more ABT's. Love them ABT's!!!

Got the prime rib from my mother-in-law and she got it from Kansas City Steakhouse. Came vacuum sealed with a prime rib style marinade so all I had to do was take it out and throw it in the smoker.

Made the Dutch's beans using the recipe from the sticky thread. Just didn't include the jalepenos or bell peppers and reduced the amount of dry mustard to keep it kid and wife friendly. Also added some smoked Nathan's hot dogs and some smoked ham from yesterday. Came out great. Nice and sweet with a hint of smokey flavor. Will definitely be doing these again.

Made the same style ABT's as yesterday (cream cheese, 4 cheese mexican blend, andouille sausage, salt, pepper). These things are like crack.

Beans under prime rib:

ABT's going in with some bacon (love the smoked bacon for a treat):

Prime rib done and getting foiled:

Prime rib getting sliced, done perfectly for our family, nice and rare:

Beans and ABT's done:

Plated with some green beans with bacon and some spaghetti squash. Also made some au jus for the first time. I put half an onion in the smoker for a few hours, then cut it up thinly and simmered it in some beef broth with some garlic for 10 minutes or so. then mixed about half of that with the juices from the prime rib. Not sure if that's how you're suppose to do it or not - didn't have time to research it today. Honey Do list was kind of long.

All was good. Wife and kids liked it. Lovin' the smoker....
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Good job on the smoke, very nice meal and presentation. Gotta love those Nathans hot dogs!!!!! Mmmmmmmmm.....points for ya buddy....
points.gif

Nice job every thing looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like a very nice feast
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great Looking Prime Rib, Same with beans and ABTs...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Teeroy - GREAT looking, all of it.
Lot of Prime Rib posting today... making me hungry for it! I've cooked a few in the past, in my cajun microwave, on my gas grill, and yes - even in the oven... but have never smoked one in the smoker.

Can you please share your cook time/temp? How big was it?
That looks absolutley perfect for my family as well.
Thanks,
Tracey

I pulled it at 135 and foil wrapped it. It finished a lot quicker than I thought it would so it sat in the foil wrap (wrapped in a towel and in the cooler) for nearly 3 hours. Was still nice and warm when we ate it. Gotta love that foil wrap / towel / cooler trick.

It was roughly 4.5 to 5 lbs. I cooked it at roughly 225 degrees and it took 3 hours. Took it out at 135 and since it finished so early it sat in the foil wrap / towel / cooler for about 3 hours.

Very nice Prime Rib that thing looks awesome and just the way we like them RARE.
You have to love Dutch's beans and the Abt's really are addicting all right. It has been along time and the first time here to see someone else ow serves spagetti squesh I wonder how it would be smoked. Now that has just sparked my interest so I will tell you really soon. Then you throw out there the Nathan's hot dogs they are so so good too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Amazing job!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I have GOT to try one....
thnx for the stats on your great looking smoke.
I'm gona have to save this thread to a PDF so I can review it anytime.

Great job there teeroy!! Yep, them thar baked beans sure help make the meal memorable!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

homade beenie weenies, yum. and the prime rib cooked to perfection. looks great.

Dennis

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky