• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Powdered Smoke

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Just got my order from B&P and I included this powdered smoke( $15/ lb) to try in some recipes....  Stuff is really strong. I didn't even open the bag and my hands smell strong of smoke.. Definitely need to wear gloves handling this. Looks like 1.7 grams per lb of meat. Going to get to making some jerky again... Made some good jerky a long time ago but never wrote anything down... Dehydrator should be here any day now........ had $50 of bass pro gift cards from last year..... free cyber week shipping so I got the dehydrator for $8....Yeah!

Here's the powdered smoke... Would like to get some opinions from people who have used it...

WOW I washed my hands an hr ago and they still are strong of smoke''''''

Thanks for looking

Joe

Last edited:

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
I'll bet that is going to take a little playing around with. Sounds like the perfect thing for dehydrator jerky.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 21, 2009
Yep Joe! ||That stuff is strong...just like their Hickory smoked salt. Use it sparingly...and consider reconstituting with liquid and spraying it evenly in your mixture...so it will mix evenly. Good Stuff!!

SOB

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.