Powdered Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Just got my order from B&P and I included this powdered smoke( $15/ lb) to try in some recipes....  Stuff is really strong. I didn't even open the bag and my hands smell strong of smoke.. Definitely need to wear gloves handling this. Looks like 1.7 grams per lb of meat. Going to get to making some jerky again... Made some good jerky a long time ago but never wrote anything down... Dehydrator should be here any day now........ had $50 of bass pro gift cards from last year..... free cyber week shipping so I got the dehydrator for $8....Yeah!

Here's the powdered smoke... Would like to get some opinions from people who have used it...

WOW I washed my hands an hr ago and they still are strong of smoke''''''

Thanks for looking

Joe

Last edited:
Yep Joe! ||That stuff is strong...just like their Hickory smoked salt. Use it sparingly...and consider reconstituting with liquid and spraying it evenly in your mixture...so it will mix evenly. Good Stuff!!

SOB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky