Poultry and cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
Been a bit for me here. I’ll get right down to it. I did a few things today for a few different meals- one was a turkey breast as a trial run for the fall. Simple TX Brisket Rub from killer hogs and butter baste on the pellet grill. Was pretty good, but it was also my yearly revelation that I’m not a turkey guy. Will still make some tasty bits though.

95469B9B-C1D2-4177-B6B8-22C2DF4ACE93.jpeg
8DF1C7C0-E70B-4EB2-89D5-F9296D4C9B1E.jpeg
8B2AF16C-C52F-4178-AE7E-DA7266FF30F2.jpeg

While that was on, I jumped on the cream cheese craze. Spilt one 8 oz block and covered half with everything bagel seasoning and half with a coffee bbq seasoning. This is one fantastic craze. I’ll

30076F9E-7CAB-44A1-9A20-43AFC39130DD.jpeg
5533F04E-E900-4B61-A712-60BFA878AC71.jpeg

And finally a simple piece of grilled chicken coated with salt and Italian seasoning and then topped with bruschetta and mozzarella. Wonderful.

055D93FD-74CB-45CE-B683-90D14B9C858A.jpeg
ED9DC3C6-CBB7-4E6A-9E54-2DBCFF83FA29.jpeg

Thanks for looking all!

Looks good! I'll start with one of each please!

Ryan

Reactions: JCAP
It all looks good. What dont you like about Turkey?...JJ

Yes please! Looks easy and tasty. We're not huge turkey fans either. Well, the wife isn't. I'll smoke a couple for lunch meat though.

Thanks for the likes and comments!

It all looks good. What dont you like about Turkey?...JJ
Not quite sure actually. I always want to like it! I think I just prefer chicken more. That’s probably the main reason but don’t know how much sense that makes.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
all looks good, oddly enough i'm the same way, i can eat chicken 3 time a week, if i have turkey twice a year i'm good.

Throw down some good stuffing, then the turkey smothered in a good gravy, and I think you'll change your mind about being a turkey guy. BTW yours looks fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

Looks Mighty Fine from here, Jcap !!!
I know what you mean. I was never a Big Turkey Guy either.
I always liked Chicken Dark meat more than Turkey, and the white meat was always Dry (In-laws house).
Now that I can make my own, one of my favorite Sammies is a Turkey White Meat Sammy (A lot of ways).
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky