Potato,Cheese & Onion Pierogies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you sir . Added to my files .
Richie , that pork chop plate looks great .
Rich Thank you for the nice comment and I appreciate the Like also.
Hope to see you post them up and satisfied with the results.
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Richie, these look delicious! Thank you for sharing! I definately missed this thread but after seeing another post from Robert, tx smoker tx smoker I had to go in search for a recipe! Book marked and on the to do list.

Ryan

Well well well...looky at what you gone and done done Richie :emoji_laughing: Since posting the thread with the pierogies I've been searching for a viable recipe. Looked at lots but none jumped out at me. This thread got revived, I had to read it, and stole the recipe. At least I know I can trust you as opposed to some of the garbage on the 'Net. Just finished making my first batch and have a feeling (well, I absolutely know) it won't be my last. These are amazing!! Thanks for another great thread and bringing yet one more fantastic food item into our lives. I guess I have to also thank Ryan ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) for finding this, responding, and bringing it back to the forefront.

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks everyone. You did a great job confusing me a 3 yr old post popping up. I must have missed your post Robert I don't come on as much any more.If you like Cabbage I did a Cabbage and Onion. I hope you used the sour cream dough recipe.
Thanks Again
Richie

Sorry I missed this Richie and good to see you, how have you been? As always, your pierogis look fabulous and on point.

For people looking for pierogi recipes, tropics tropics has you covered.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I hope you used the sour cream dough recipe.

I actually did a hybrid version of the basic recipe. Used a bit less water and a nice dollop of sour cream. Worked out great!!
012.jpg

These are spectacular!!

Robert

Richie, I hadn't seen you here in a bit and was hoping you were alright. Glad to see you are still on the right side of the soil my friend !

Reactions: tropics
tropics tropics - Sour cream is a must in my Pierogie making for sure. Some call it Pittsburgh style and I'm originally from that area. I can recall my Grandmother and Aunts back in the day making these by the hundreds in the basement of some Catholic church. Luckily, I paid attention and make these from time to time, but definitely not enough though. Potatoes, cheese, kraut are always good, but for that sweet and savory, we used to always have them filled with prunes. Only problem with those was that you had to be careful with how many you ate at one time. :emoji_blush:

tropics tropics - Sour cream is a must in my Pierogie making for sure. Some call it Pittsburgh style and I'm originally from that area. I can recall my Grandmother and Aunts back in the day making these by the hundreds in the basement of some Catholic church. Luckily, I paid attention and make these from time to time, but definitely not enough though. Potatoes, cheese, kraut are always good, but for that sweet and savory, we used to always have them filled with prunes. Only problem with those was that you had to be careful with how many you ate at one time. :emoji_blush:
I learned almost all my cooking on my own. Sour Cream in the dough makes it so much better.
Richie

Thanks for the like Richie, I appreciate it.

Sure, miss your post but then I understand if your just not up to it.

Same me after kissing my wife in November took the wind out of my sails.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky