Possibly The Best Burger I've Ever Had (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am going to try my damndest to be there! :emoji_wink:

Well, after all we have shared the past couple months, you know our door is open. I do however expect that you'll be cooking something for the coffers. As we get closer you let me know what you want to cook and I'll have it here. We don't realistically expect you to fly here from AZ with half a cow in your suitcase :emoji_anguished:

Leaving the light on for John....possibly 3 of them,
Robert

I need to master the brisket, as it kicked my butt the first time (and I take offense to that) so I am going to work on that over the winter. So plan on a brisket if that is OK with you?

John

I need to master the brisket, as it kicked my butt the first time (and I take offense to that) so I am going to work on that over the winter. So plan on a brisket if that is OK with you?

Hell yes!! It works for me. now you just need to decide if you wanna cook it on the BGE, the big smoker, the electric smoker, or on the rotisserie of the Santa Maria. Never tried that before but it may be a fun project at some point.

Pondering a possibility,
Robert

I grind tri tip and brisket, chucky's cost too much to grind into burger for me. I won't add anything that cost over $4.00 per pound to my burgers, and they still taste 10X better than the pink slimmed garbage you buy in the store.

Reactions: jcam222 and udaman
I won't add anything that cost over $4.00 per pound to my burgers, and they still taste 10X better than the pink slimmed garbage you buy in the store.

If it was up to me I'd follow your mantra. burgers however are Tracy's guilty pleasure and since she's the one who makes the money around here, I do as she asks with the burgers. Steak is my guilty pleasure and she gives me carte blanch in that category so it all works out....and she pays for it all so I'm happy :emoji_wink:

Not ashamed of being a kept man,
Robert

Had double cheese brisket smash burgers again last night. Damn! They are good!
20190928_172651.jpg

But just to mix it up a bit and feeling a little inspired. I'm trying an all beef hot dog from brisket. Stuffed and linked and drying now. Fry test patty meets approval! Ran through the fine plate twice but in hindsight should have ran through the ninja for a finer emulsion. Going in the smoker soon. Wish me luck!
20190929_105546.jpg

Had double cheese brisket smash burgers again last night. Damn! They are good!

Not only does that look very, very good, it looks extremely dangerous!! Beware my beloved arteries....you'll be hardening real soon.

Going in the smoker soon. Wish me luck!

Good luck!! Please post results and pics. I've tried dogs a couple times but they just weren't what I'd hoped for

Waiting....
Robert

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Hell yes!! It works for me. now you just need to decide if you wanna cook it on the BGE, the big smoker, the electric smoker, or on the rotisserie of the Santa Maria. Never tried that before but it may be a fun project at some point.

Pondering a possibility,
Robert

Really good question, I am going to pull the trigger on a Rec Tec real soon and use that to get it down.

No experience with the BGE or the electric, so it looks like the big smoker. Unless I get real brave, as I would love to give that Santa Maria a whirl (with a little help from you and Misplaced Nebraskan).

John

Me too Robert. Ive been somewhat let down with dogs too. But I think I'm on to something with this Len Poli receipe if the test patty is any indication. Just got to get the texture right. We'll see. I'll start another post.

Reactions: fullborebbq
Really good question, I am going to pull the trigger on a Rec Tec real soon and use that to get it down.

Interesting you should say that. When I got the SM it was a toss up between it and the Rec Tec RT700 Bull. Well, as luck would have it, Tracy approved the purchase of the Rec Tec last week. I'm just working through the justification in my mind before pulling the tripper. There may well be one here by next year for you. The BGE is a no brainer though. Get the temp dialed in and walk away from it for a few days. It is rock solid!! I'll help you dial it in in necessary but it is a great piece of equipment!!

Prolly gonna go ahead and get it,
Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Well, after all we have shared the past couple months, you know our door is open. I do however expect that you'll be cooking something for the coffers. As we get closer you let me know what you want to cook and I'll have it here. We don't realistically expect you to fly here from AZ with half a cow in your suitcase :emoji_anguished:

Leaving the light on for John....possibly 3 of them,
Robert

Hmm, With that Gathering being in Texas, I thought somebody would be Riding in on the Main Entree.

Bear

Interesting you should say that. When I got the SM it was a toss up between it and the Rec Tec RT700 Bull. Well, as luck would have it, Tracy approved the purchase of the Rec Tec last week. I'm just working through the justification in my mind before pulling the tripper. There may well be one here by next year for you. The BGE is a no brainer though. Get the temp dialed in and walk away from it for a few days. It is rock solid!! I'll help you dial it in in necessary but it is a great piece of equipment!!

Prolly gonna go ahead and get it,
Robert

So you are recommending the BGE for the brisket then?

So if you're using a 2:1 ratio Chuck:bacon, how much high temp ch are you adding to that batch roughly?

Btw, they look awesome. I'm asking about your ratios so I can give these a shot. I haven't had ground beef in YEARS. That's how good they look!

So what's the verdict? Have you decided to make up some bacon cheddar burgers?

Just curious....
Robert

Enjoy your Gathering. I just attend the PA Gathering this past Saturday. The Quality and Quantity of food was amazing.
On the Burger Front...As I was leaving, our Host, PC Farmer, handed me a pan of Ground Bear Meat. Halfsmoked, or Co-host, provided the blend of Bear, Beef Fat, S & P.
Folks, cooked to 155, shhhh don't tell the USDA, that was one of the most Outstanding Burgers I have ever had. Flavor was Amazing. The meat was Juicy, as in I had a Dog on each arms licking my Elbows! A Simple blend but Magical!!!
I can only imagine where the addition of the of the Bacon and Cheese, posted here, would take a Bear Burger...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky