Possibly The Best Burger I've Ever Had (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So if you're using a 2:1 ratio Chuck:bacon, how much high temp ch are you adding to that batch roughly?

Btw, they look awesome. I'm asking about your ratios so I can give these a shot. I haven't had ground beef in YEARS. That's how good they look!

Those are some fine looking burgers Robert. One question: Do you pre-cook the bacon or mix it in raw?

Point for sure
Chris

So if you're using a 2:1 ratio Chuck:bacon, how much high temp ch are you adding to that batch roughly?

Btw, they look awesome. I'm asking about your ratios so I can give these a shot. I haven't had ground beef in YEARS. That's how good they look!
I did not know it was possible to survived that long without a burger :)

Let me know the next time you make those I'll stop by...........of course I'll need a few days notice to get there! :emoji_wink:

You just tell me when you can get here and I'll have the burgers ready to go. It'll take far less time to cook them that it'll take you to get here :emoji_wink:

Robert

Ground Beef with stuff ON it, is a Burger. Ground Beef with stuff IN it is Meatloaf!

On one hand I can see the concept but on the other hand I have a different perception. To me a meatloaf has binders (bread crumbs, eggs, etc) and maybe a little milk. The burgers do not. It's the exact same ingredients used by many people, the only difference is that they are incorporated throughout versus just tossed on top.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it:emoji_anguished:
Robert

For this I use 2 pounds of chuck and 1 pound of my homemade pepper crusted bacon and grind it all together then mix in 4 to 6 ounces of high temp cheddar cheese.

Here ya go.

Robert

Reactions: fivetricks
One question: Do you pre-cook the bacon or mix it in raw?

The bacon is smoked before slicing it but not fried as I'd do for breakfast. I just take it out of the freezer, cut it into manageable sizes for the grinder, and let it rip.

Robert

Reactions: Bamabww
those burgers look mighty tasty, those fries look excellent to. I won't knock the ketchup I use quite a bit of it myself.

Id knock the socks of a burger like that! Great job! I'm sold on the brisket grind also. After finding short ribs now, I have an inkling to try a short rib burger grind!

Great looking burgers but I spotted a problem. There are ONLY TWO. So what did Tracy eat?

Thanks everybody!! Very much appreciate the kind words, especially over something as a humble hamburger. It was a damned good burger though

Robert

Burger Looks Great, Robert!!
I'll have 2, please!---Hold the Onions---Or Fry them!
I love Air Fries Too!!
Like.

You just sit tight Bear....two on the way with fried onions and hold the mayo :emoji_laughing:

Seriously, thank you for the accolades. We just love a good burger and they don't get any better than doing it all yourself.

Robert

Reactions: fullborebbq
those look amazing, i do the same except the cheese. i add in my
rub mixture to the meat before a grind.
the bacon makes it

You are unlimited in what you can do with these, and yours sounds good. i like the idea of mixing in some rub or possibly some Montreal Steak Seasoning. One of Tracy's favorites is blue cheese and black pepper....with lots of black pepper. The blue cheese really goes well with the flavor of the beef and a kick of pepper is always nice.

We are out of those though....
Robert

It is hard to beat a burger and fries for simple and delicious...Like!

I'm with you on this one!! I used to think that leaner meat was better for all applications, including burgers. I never could figure out why my burgers were never moist, juicy, and succulent. Than I found SMF and everything started making sense, except for why I wasted hundreds of pounds of lean meat trying to make a good burger. Oh well...it was slow in coming but I did finally learn :emoji_wink:

Always the slow learner,
Robert

Congrats for getting on the carousel!

Thank you Steve!! It kinda caught me by surprise that something as simple as a burger, albeit a very good burger, would get featured. I'm honored and humbled though!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky