Pork Tenderloin on a Stick - first try

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
this was a first go at a variation of a Jeff recipe.

I cut two tenderloins into strips and rubbed them with yardbirds, and left hem overnight. next day I splashed them with some Jack Daniels then back in the refer for a couple hours. then put them on sticks. Smoked at 180 for about 30min then up to 235 till done - about another hour. did some onion slices on the side. all got sauced about half way through. I used blues hog Tennessee red , on half and killer hogs The BBQ sauce on the other half. turned out pretty good. heres the progress and product. roaster corn salad on the side.
IMG_6301.jpg
IMG_6302.jpg
IMG_6303.jpg
IMG_6304.jpg
IMG_6305.jpg
IMG_6306.jpg

Oh wow those look delicious! Those onion slices almost look like pecan rolls! I guess that means its good enough to eat for breakfast too! Lol! Nice job!

Reactions: sandyut and jcam222
You did a bang up job. Did they dry out at all? Sure looks good

Reactions: sandyut
Those are some delicious looking skewers nice plate! When they’re cut into strips, it looks like another opportunity to add some additional ingredients to change things up.

Very nicely done!

That's some creative cooking that came out looking absolutely delicious! I might have to try borrowing that idea, nice piece of work!

Did they dry out at all?
this was my primary concern before starting. I wouldn't say they dried so much as they were not as juicy as a whole loin cut. Definately more chew than a whole one. Jeffs recipe has you marinate them in rub mixed with Worcestershire - I may try that route next time. it sounds too strong of a flavor for a tenderloin. maybe bourbon and rub overnight?

thanks for the kind words all, been a while, but im back in action.

the onions are a fave here. super easy to throw on the side of any cook. 1-2 hours and they are money! I spray with oil and rub, cook a bit then sauce. Ive done yellow, red and sweet - all were great. they dont keep tho. a day in the fridge and all the water runs out - it weird for sure - at least that what happened the one time i tried saving the left overs. so just make enough for one meal.

All looks great!! I also thought the onions looked like pecan rolls! We LOVE cooked onions. I am going to have to do some sauced like this.

Great looking meal!
My wife said those cinnamon buns look awesome.
Then I told her they were onions, she said we gotta try that!
Everything looks delicious!
Al

Whoa Dave!! What you got going on there buddy?? My turn to drool on the keyboard :emoji_laughing: That all looks outstanding buddy. Excellent job and congrats on a well deserved ride on the carousel.

Oh wow those look delicious! Those onion slices almost look like pecan rolls!

That's the exact same thing I thought when I saw it. Hmmm...pecan rolls for dinner? Why not?

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: sandyut and Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky