Pork Shots (Pork Candy) "Q" view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I was reading Alelovers post and was sold on these right away, thanks Scott.

I have seen these around before and wondered why it took me so long to make something that is this easy.

These really are.... easy to make and should not be passed up.
Decided to do these on the GOSM with Chickeroni Bites, Italian Sausage Bites and Jack Daniels Bacon Double Cheeseburger Sliders.

I'll see if I can get those posted today as well.
Will be a little busy tomorrow with doing PP for the Cub Scouts Christmas Party, yeah  I took the day off to cook!
Pork Shots (Pork Candy)
 ​

73b38588_20111211537.jpg

​
Kielbasa wrapped bacon w/ brown sugar.

Ingredients:

• Kielbasa
  • Bacon
  • Rub (Used my Pork Rub)
  • Brown sugar

Preparation: (step by step below)
  • Cut Kielbasa ½” thick
  • Wrap in a half piece of thick sliced bacon,
  • Fill with a 50/50 mix of brown sugar and your favorite rub, I went heavy on the brown sugar

Smoking/Grilling

• Grilling: Place on the grill using indirect heat. Grill 30 minutes
  • Smoker: Smoke at 225° - 240° for 2 hours

Notes:

• Very easy to make but had better results with wrapping the kielbasa with the bacon about 1/3rd from the bottom.
  • The bacon was too high and was falling in on itself

Conclusion:

• So easy its almost a shame not to throw some of these on if you have some free space. My dinner Guests devoured these, I really liked them as well.
49d5c376_20111211138.jpg

• Sliced Kielbasa on slicer, since I had been using it for other slicing.

56c30900_20111211153.jpg

e5995fce_20111211156.jpg

• Mixing the spices.
868bed4a_20111211162p.jpg

c5c78cef_20111211174.jpg

5d198b64_20111211183.jpg

• Halved bacon, I had to slightly stretch these out, to get two lengths out of one.
433296ba_20111211186.jpg

403441c4_20111211189.jpg

5eeb1f19_20111211192.jpg

• Wrapped, Tooth-picked and ready for filling.

cd4ed0e0_20111211204.jpg

8c35bd60_20111211207.jpg

c10d12e5_20111211216.jpg

7a151c03_20111211225.jpg

f794a607_20111211288.jpg

• On the smoker (GOSM) 225° for two hours using Hickory.

1c49d10b_20111211537.jpg

• Resting before serving.

96053939_20111211633.jpg

1d51339b_20111211636.jpg

• Taste Test.

33c02dde_20111211642.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Sqwib! Im gonna try these for Xmas....anyone ever smoke kraut before? Thinking of stuffing the extra bacon space with kraut and cheese....just don't know what the end result of the kraut would be......only one way to find out i guess!

Chris

WOW them look delicious excellent job there skwib. I may be mistaken but in photo #14 it looks like you have several verities of these. Could be other appetizer's I'm not sure.

Nice Sqwib! Im gonna try these for Xmas....anyone ever smoke kraut before? Thinking of stuffing the extra bacon space with kraut and cheese....just don't know what the end result of the kraut would be......only one way to find out i guess!

Chris

Krout and[font=verdana, sans-serif]  kielbasa go together and adding cheese can only improve it, so I say sounds like a GREAT idea. Let us know how they turn out.[/font]

icon_cool.gif

Ok this one most have started it all. This is the one that Joel Came up with awhile back. It's a great recipe and the bits look awesome to. If you come up with dishes like his out if that one then I have several dishes I want to send to you.

WOW... I'm gonna do these for apps on X-mas day too... But I have a question tho Sqwib..

Your ingredients list adds up to over 3 cups of topping all together.. but your little saucer with everything mixed up looks to be nowhere's near 3 cups... or do i just need to maybe get some stronger glasses ??

WOW them look delicious excellent job there skwib. I may be mistaken but in photo #14 it looks like you have several verities of these. Could be other appetizer's I'm not sure.

Its on then. Post pics after they are out of the smoker....round Xmas time.

Chris

Pork shots look great!...JJ

Looks delicious SQWIB!!!

Craig

Thanks

Those look delicious. They are awesome and so easy. I used thin fatty OM on mine. Your bacon was pretty meaty. Harder to stretch I guess. Can't wait to see what the rest of that stuff is.

It was easy to stretch but think thinner would be better, especially at the overlap.
Your on a roll today Sqwib!

Thank you Sir

Chris
Don't know if I would smoke Kraut, just fermented a batch that was awesome, maybe I'll give it a shot

drool.gif
icon14.gif
 HECK YEA !!!

Thanks

Man those look good. 

Easy and good, thanks.

Posted these, they are Chickeroni Bites and Italian Sausage bites.

drool.gif
Looks great as always.

Thank you

WOW... I'm gonna do these for apps on X-mas day too... But I have a question tho Sqwib..
Your ingredients list adds up to over 3 cups of topping all together.. but your little saucer with everything mixed up looks to be nowhere's near 3 cups... or do i just need to maybe get some stronger glasses ??
Revised the wording in the preparation:

Fill with a 50/50 mix of brown sugar and your favorite rub, I went heavy on the brown sugar

So its only 2 ingredients actually

Its on then. Post pics after they are out of the smoker....round Xmas time.

Chris
Posted

I got it from Joel who got it from a guy who got it from a guy who... well you get the picture.
Kudos to everyone involved in the creation of this recipe.

Pork shots look great!...JJ
Thanks Jimmy

now that is great
And so easy, they should be a staple for filling up empty smoker space. Thanks

Great post! Love the pics. I'm sold!

I will be making these up to smoke along with the Christmas Day turkey. I'll put em' on a couple hours after the bird. and they should smoke up just in time to make perfect appetizers.

Might even try some with the Angus Kielbasa and thick cut pepper bacon I've got in the freezer.

Thanks for the great recipe and explanation.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky