Pork Loin Jerky (Step by Step with Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

This is a great recipe.  I was amazed at how good and beefy this jerky turned out.  I had serious doubts due to the pork and the small amount of spices.  Boy was I wrong; thanks again for a great recipe.

C
Thank You!!

That surprised me too!!

Tasting like Beef Jerky & for under $2 per pound is Awesome!!

Glad you like it too!!!

Bear

Reactions: gary s
Looks great Bear ! I have always wanted to try this , and i have used alot of your other step by steps so this is perfect! I have made about 60 pounds of your Canadian bacon so far and we have pork loin on sale for 99 cents a pound here all the time, so i can see using this often. 
points.gif

Looks great Bear ! I have always wanted to try this , and i have used alot of your other step by steps so this is perfect! I have made about 60 pounds of your Canadian bacon so far and we have pork loin on sale for 99 cents a pound here all the time, so i can see using this often. 
points.gif
Wow!!

The best price we ever got for Boneless Pork Loin was $1.59.

Glad you're enjoying my Step by Steps!!

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

Just noticed the gun on the counter, good trick to keep people away from your jerky.
roflmao.gif
LOL----That's for when the Battery in my Bird Feeder goes Dead.

I don't mind Squirrels eating my Bird Seed (Oil Seeds), but when they chew the feeder holes bigger, that's where I draw the line.

That handgun fits out the Kitchen Window just right.

Bear

Just a little note to say "Thanks for the Great Idea"   I finally got around to making your Pork Loin Jerky and it's better than I expected.  I wasn't so sure if we'd like all the spices so after everything was done and ready for the fridge, I did the first 3 pounds your way and added some brown sugar to the other 2 pounds...  After all was smoke, I think the extra sugar took away some of the taste I was looking for..  

The brown sugar started to make is own liquids so I sealed it in a plastic bag...  

I used Todd's Red Wine Apple Pellets - Smoked for the first four hours...  Total time in the smoker was around 6 hrs...       

Just another 'BUMP' for a great recipe to try...  Thanks again Bear...  

John

Just a little note to say "Thanks for the Great Idea"   I finally got around to making your Pork Loin Jerky and it's better than I expected.  I wasn't so sure if we'd like all the spices so after everything was done and ready for the fridge, I did the first 3 pounds your way and added some brown sugar to the other 2 pounds...  After all was smoke, I think the extra sugar took away some of the taste I was looking for..  

Just another 'BUMP' for a great recipe to try...  Thanks again Bear...  

John
Thank You John!!

I'm real glad you like this one!!

Nice Job!
icon14.gif

Bear

Looks great bear!. I really like pork jerky it's actually all I've been making. Its much more cost effective and I think the flavor gets better after it sits for a couple days in the fridge.

Looks great bear!. I really like pork jerky it's actually all I've been making. Its much more cost effective and I think the flavor gets better after it sits for a couple days in the fridge.
Thank You!!!

I didn't do the age test. I only kept a little of this batch, and gave the rest to my Son. Mine was gone in about 3 days.

Bear

Thanks Bear....    I saved a little sample bag for a friend to taste so yesterday when we went up to see them again and I found a half case of frozen pork loins in our hatch when we got home...    I never did ask my friend what he thought of the jerky but I guess his actions said it all..     You know what I'll be doing for a few days....   ;-)

Thanks Bear....    I saved a little sample bag for a friend to taste so yesterday when we went up to see them again and I found a half case of frozen pork loins in our hatch when we got home...    I never did ask my friend what he thought of the jerky but I guess his actions said it all..     You know what I'll be doing for a few days....   ;-)
LOL---That's Great !!!

Guess you got his opinion!!
icon14.gif

Enjoy,

Bear

This posting deserves another BUMP.. so some of the new members can read it..    

My FB sent me a yearly reminder from when I posted Bear's Pork Jerky.  As luck would have it, Sam's Club has a deal on Pork Loins so guess what I'll be making again..  

After I made this the first time, we never did go back to Beef Jerky.

Thanks Again Bear.  

John 

Yup I'll be doing some myself pretty soon. I went into kroger on Saturday and they had loins for 1.29 a lb way to cheap to pass up. Once I started making pork jerky I never went back to beef.

This posting deserves another BUMP.. so some of the new members can read it..    

My FB sent me a yearly reminder from when I posted Bear's Pork Jerky.  As luck would have it, Sam's Club has a deal on Pork Loins so guess what I'll be making again..  

After I made this the first time, we never did go back to Beef Jerky.

Thanks Again Bear.  

John 
Yup I'll be doing some myself pretty soon. I went into kroger on Saturday and they had loins for 1.29 a lb way to cheap to pass up. Once I started making pork jerky I never went back to beef.
I'm Really glad you guys like it !!

This Pork Jerky is one of my favorites, and I don't make a lot of Jerky!!

Thanks John & Thesmokist !!

I'm Really glad you guys like it !!

This Pork Jerky is one of my favorites, and I don't make a lot of Jerky!!

Thanks John & Thesmokist !!
I was going to send a picture and a little "Thanks" for my Easter Double Smoked Ham and then FB sent me a reminder about the Pork Jerky..  

Like Thesmokist, I never did make any Beef Jerky after doing the pork.   I'll buy a Pork Loin, leave it in the freezer overnight and then run it

through the meat slicer..  Thanks to you and a few of the others on here,  I do a lot of Double Smoked Hams, Smoked Butts and Pork Jerky.  Seems like once my friends taste the pulled pork or the jerky, I'm always smoking for some party..  

Thanks Again,

John

I was going to send a picture and a little "Thanks" for my Easter Double Smoked Ham and then FB sent me a reminder about the Pork Jerky..  

Like Thesmokist, I never did make any Beef Jerky after doing the pork.   I'll buy a Pork Loin, leave it in the freezer overnight and then run it

through the meat slicer..  Thanks to you and a few of the others on here,  I do a lot of Double Smoked Hams, Smoked Butts and Pork Jerky.  Seems like once my friends taste the pulled pork or the jerky, I'm always smoking for some party..  

Thanks Again,

John
The Pork Loin is such a Perfect Cut of meat for Jerky.

Once you remove the thin fatty exterior portion, you have a really large long hunk of Fat Free solid meat from the bigger side, just perfect for Jerky!!

Gotta Love It !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky