1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Loin Jerky (Step by Step with Pics)

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by Bearcarver, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster OTBS Member

That's Great, Buzzy!!!
    I'm real glad you like it !!

Bear

2. ksprairie

ksprairie Newbie

Sorry, Bearcarver, I wasn’t very clear. All I have done is trimmed the fat from the loin so far. I haven’t applied the TQ or brown sugar yet. I would like to use about 3# of the loin to make your pork loin jerky to give it a try.
    I am just wondering if I can put the sliced loin in the jerky marinade today, keep refrigerated for 4 to 5 days until weather improves and smoking is possible.
    Since I was going to be starting the Canadian Bacon process today, I wanted to also start the jerky. Mess up the kitchen once and be done! Thank you!
    KS

3. Bearcarver

OK---I wouldn't see why not, since you're adding the proper amount of TQ (in the ingredients), it should be fine.
    However it might be better to take it out of the marinade after 24 hours, to keep it from getting too salty.
    Then keep it in a bag in fridge until a few hours before smoking. Then rinse, Dry, and lay out on paper towels to dry before smoking. (Like in my instructions)

Bear

4. ksprairie

ksprairie Newbie

Great! Thanks so much for your help. We love your recipes.
    I have 8.5# of beef roasts curing now to make your Dried Beef recipe. I’ve done it with venison roasts a lot, but this will be the first time making it with beef. Lookin forward to it! Thanks again!

5. Bearcarver

That's Great !!
    Beats the Heck out of paying $3 per ounce at the store, and theirs is too salty.
    Or $16 per pound at a Butcher Shop or Meat Processor.
    Glad you like it.

Bear

6. ksprairie

ksprairie Newbie

That’s no joke! We used to get great dried beef from our (very) small town butcher in northern MN 40+ years ago when my folks would have beef butchered and processed there. The shop is still there, but the recipe has apparently changed. It is no longer the same, and not very good. That’s actually what prompted me to search out how to cure and smoke our own, many years ago. The search finally led me to this site, your step by step recipe, and the rest is history! . It is a bit ironic that this will be the first time actually making it with beef. I have to say the venison has been phenomenal though!
    Hope my Canadian Bacon and pork loin jerky turn out as good. I can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience and recipes. This is a great bunch of people here on this forum.

7. Bearcarver

You are Very Welcome!

Bear