Pork Loin Help Needed

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by safety1, Sep 13, 2007.

1. safety1

safety1 Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

I am wanting to try and smoke a pork loin for the family. I am fairly new to the smoking world and would appreciate any assistance from the vast knowledge, I have experienced from the members. I will try and take pictures of the process and do a follow-up as to whether or not they are willing to let me cook more often.
    Thanks in advance.

2. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I do pork loin at a cabinet temp of 225 to an internal temp of 150. I rub it with mustard and a dry rub, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate the night before. I usually lay bacon slices across the top of the loin so that it doesn't dry out.

3. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Safty1, Check out the Pork Forum-there are a number of Pork Loin recipes that have been posted.

4. seaham358

seaham358 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I wrapped the loin in thick slice bacon after the dry rub and it came out Great.. I think the thick sliced bacon lasts longer then regular and does not dry our before the smoke is done.. JMO