Moink help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
I made a batch of delicious moink balls 14 years ago on my Lang, and can’t remember the internal smoker temp and length of time. :emoji_tired_face: Gearing up to smoke some as my foray back into the smoked meat world and would appreciate a reminder, please! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 7
What I read from Jeff's recipe was
" set smoker to 225-240 ( higher is better for these). And cook for 2 hours or until IT hits 165 F and bacon firms up"

Not sure if that's the one you're looking for, but that's what I found. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
What I read from Jeff's recipe was
" set smoker to 225-240 ( higher is better for these). And cook for 2 hours or until IT hits 160 F and bacon firms up"

Not sure if that's the one you're looking for, but that's what I found. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I didn’t even think to look for Jeff’s recipe! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Laurel temp was probably about 225 that's what both of us used to run most of the time I still do unless I'm smoking poultry. As has been said smoke to an internal of 165 usually 2-3 hours.

Reactions: sumosmoke
Laurel temp was probably about 225 that's what both of us used to run most of the time I still do unless I'm smoking poultry. As has been said smoke to an internal of 165 usually 2-3 hours.
Thanks Jerry! SOO many good things smoked at your N. Florida gatherings, I should've written things down so I wouldn't forget. :emoji_blush:

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky