• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork loin and veggies.

bishgeo

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 4, 2014
Was thinking about covering this after 2 hrs of smoke and let it go till it falls apart. I usually pull at 150 or so and slice. How high can I let it go to not be dried out. Thanks.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 3, 2014
It won't fall apart unless you cook it for a very long time - by then your vegs will be a mess.

Most people here pull loin at 145. It will be juicy, pink and will taste great.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Pork loin is  not a really good choice to cook to higher temps, it has too little fat.

Better to cook to 145 & slice as said above.

Al

wailord

Joined Sep 23, 2016
The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, roasts, and tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145° F. (medium rare) and 160° F. (medium), followed by a 3 minute rest. Since large cuts increase approximately 10° F. while resting, remove them from the heat at 150° F. followed by a 10 minute rest.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.