Pork loin and veggies.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bishgeo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
springfield oh
Was thinking about covering this after 2 hrs of smoke and let it go till it falls apart. I usually pull at 150 or so and slice. How high can I let it go to not be dried out. Thanks.

It won't fall apart unless you cook it for a very long time - by then your vegs will be a mess.

Most people here pull loin at 145. It will be juicy, pink and will taste great.

Pork loin is  not a really good choice to cook to higher temps, it has too little fat.

Better to cook to 145 & slice as said above.

Al

The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, roasts, and tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145° F. (medium rare) and 160° F. (medium), followed by a 3 minute rest. Since large cuts increase approximately 10° F. while resting, remove them from the heat at 150° F. followed by a 10 minute rest.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky